iAudio 5... yay or nay
Mar 9, 2005 at 3:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gn925106ng

Head-Fier
hi all, the iAudio 5 player looks to be very promising... after researching since november, i think my search might come to an end with this one player. What do you think?

Mar 9, 2005 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 8
i'm loving mine

gaps between tracks+tiny squealish sound is my only complaint, but it's pretty brief and such things don't really bug me

kinda steep learning curve on the interface too i guess, easy once you figure it out though

sounds ****ing fantastic

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:27 PM Post #4 of 8
suntec has just posted the iAudio 2giger up on their site....i might go forthat one, but is 300 (the price of a hd)

could u post some pictures?

Mar 9, 2005 at 1:28 PM Post #5 of 8
I also have a iAudio 5. The sound quality is very good but as the post above mentions, you'll have to read the manual to learn the controls. Other then that, true UMS plus a removable battery sealed the deal for me.

Yeah, $300 for 2gb is a bit much. Why not go with a 4gb or 6gb HD player for less? Heck you can get a 40gb player.

I believe the 2gb iAudio 5 will be black, just like the 1gb.

Mar 9, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kitsand
I also have a iAudio 5. The sound quality is very good but as the post above mentions, you'll have to read the manual to learn the controls. Other then that, true UMS plus a removable battery sealed the deal for me.

Yeah, $300 for 2gb is a bit much. Why not go with a 4gb or 6gb HD player for less? Heck you can get a 40gb player.

I believe the 2gb iAudio 5 will be black, just like the 1gb.

i was thinking the same way as you are about them being the same price as a jukebox player. The only reason i went for a flash player is cause of its durability... amybe ill go with the 1 gigger

Mar 10, 2005 at 6:49 AM Post #7 of 8
Way Yay, is my vote. Love my 1GB I5 (with the exception of the nav wheels - those could've been more solidly constructed). Great sound and recording features and the true UMS is a definite plus. And hey, it looks better than 99% of the flash players out there.

Mar 12, 2005 at 2:57 AM Post #8 of 8
Yay is my vote. I just got a Iaudio 5 1GB. This is a great player.

Compared to my old CW200, it is better in every way except for (1) startup time, (2) USB hinge, and (3) jog switches. But these are minor nits.

I chose the I5 for the LARGE screen (for bad eyes), small size and weight, powerful functionality, and replaceable battery. It really can last up to 20 hours on a single AAA battery (normal EQ, all sound effects disabled). Compared to the Shuffle, Muvo N200, Iriver IFP-895, and the Samsung YP-MT6X, the Iaudio 5 is much better, IMHO.

A big selling point for me was the bookmarking feature. I listen to a lot of audio books. Not only can the I5 save up to 20 bookmarks, it displays the bookmark song/book titles. My Nitrus only displayed the bookmark numbers, no song info.

Another big plus for the I5 in terms of audio book use is the speed of the FF/RW. Using the new 1.15 beta firmware, the I5 can FF through a one hour book segment in less than 15 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back