i1, born for iPhone7, the first " MFi " headphone amplifier from FiiO
May 15, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #62 of 120
Is this available for purchase yet in the US? I'd need it by this friday at the latest but i can't find it for sale anywhere.
Dear friend,

Due to limited supply of first batch of i1, we will deliver them to the following markets first and will start delivery to our worldwide agents from our second batch. Below list would be updated if more shipment arranged, stay tuned!

USA: TekFx

USA: Office Direct Sales

Germany: NT Global

HongKong: Carve Link Company

The i1 may arrived in USA next week. You may contact the seller for help first. Thank you for the kind support.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 30, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #64 of 120
Jun 6, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #66 of 120
Post your review of i1 on Amazon.com to win a reward!
I1评论有礼.jpg

The MFi cetified lightning DAC/amplifer i1 has been sold on Amazon.com for a while. But how's the i1 actually? We would love to see your honest and fair reviews! Therefore, we encourage customers who have purchased the i1 on Amazon.com or who're planning to buy the i1 to write down your honest opinions of i1. Rewards will be giving out to the first 50 reviewers participating the activity!

If you don't have an i1 yet, don't wait for it any more. We're looking forward to seeing your reviews!
Purchase link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071R7DYHD

Time: June 6-July 5, 2017 (one month)

How to join the activity:
1. Buy an i1 on Amazon.com
2. Post your review on i1 on Amazon.com.
3. Send a copy of your amazon invoice and review record to us at market@fiio.net. You will successfully join the activity after receiving our email confirmation.
Feel free to share your comment on i1. We are looking forward to hearing your voice of i1.

Introduction of i1:
A. Born for Apple devices, MFi certified.
B. Support up to 48kHz lossless audio and high-quality voice call.
C. Compatible with OMTP and CTIA earphones.
D. Seamless metal body, exquisite and portable.
E. 39.99USD on Amazon.com

For more details of i1, please click here: http://www.fiio.net/en/products/67

Statement:
1. This activity is only available on Amazon.com. Related activity of i1 on Amazon in other regions, such as Amazon.ca, will be subject to our local sales agent's notification, please stay tuned!
2. To join the activity, you don't have to exaggerate your feeling. Your honest and fair reviews will be appreciated. Besides, you're welcomed to post the photos of i1 too!
3. We will give out rewards to first 50 participants. For those who are the first ten reviewers posting over 200 words and pictures of i1 will win a FiiO F3. The others will get a 10USD refund. We will announce the winners and arrange the award on July 15th.
4. Only the reviews posted during the activity time would be counted as valid.
5. Please kindly note that the refund will be returned via PayPal. Or you can choose to purchase our other products on our AliExpress store with your refund.

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 6, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #67 of 120
That's great. I had already left an Amazon review before I saw this post. I sent the link in tonight. Honestly, it's a great product. I don't usually use my iPhone for music, but will sometimes use it for streaming or to watch movies on a plane (I fly a lot). This little dongle has worked great.

Jun 9, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #68 of 120
Thank you FiiO for the opportunity for me to try the i1. Here is my review. If Fiio can confirm my review sample sent out in March is the same as the production unit and if FiiO has no objections and if there is interest I am willing to send the i1 out to anyone who wants to try it out. :)

Jun 9, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #69 of 120
There was an Amazon review that said that the microphone quality was terrible on the i1. I'm not in the habit of using the mic/headset for calls, but I decided to use it exclusively today for business calls and it was pretty convenient. I don't think that most people had any idea that I was using anything different and it probably sounded a lot better than using the speakerphone mode which I tend to do a lot. I also made a voice recording using the iPhone voice memos app which I uploaded to Chirbit to share here. The Chirbit replay doesn't sound as good as it does when I replay it on my iPhone, but still sounds pretty good.

You can listen to the file here: http://chirb.it/ADzrD9

Jun 9, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #72 of 120
Ok my review is up

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...ef=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B071R7DYHD

Below is the whole reviews

I have been looking mobile solutions to this and finally end my search here. The i1 sound quality feels like using an amp but without the bulk. The sound quality is far superior to the apple's own adaptor. I will say the sound quality is on par with the dragonfly red and A&K wireless adaptor. I am still amazed.

Initially, I was a little concern about the voice quality call when one review posted poor quality, but I took the risk and went ahead with the purchase, and it turns out the voice quality is way better than a Bluetooth quality. In fact, I have not had any complaint so far about phone calls quality. Of course, if you face the wind like riding a bike, there will be wind noise, and that goes the same as most Bluetooth headsets. That being said, other party still hears me well.

This is an Apple MFI certified product, which means it works flawlessly with my iphone 7 with any issues.

According to Fiio website, the i1 uses a new DAC chip called NAU88L25. I went and did some search, and it turns out Nuvton Technology manufactures this chip. Here is a snippet of what it says on the websites.

“Nuvoton Technology introduced the NAU88L25, a new ultra low power audio codec device optimized for audio headphone and headset applications. The NAU88L25 supports advanced audio accessory detection including audio jack insertion / ejection, up-to 8 button detection with short / long press support, microphone and ground pin detection with auto internal switching, which will simplify the challenges of detecting different audio headsets and accessory types with no additional components and reducing click/pop noise during the detection process.

The new audio CODEC incorporates a 24-bit signal processing engine including programmable biquad filters and DRC (Dynamic Range Compressor), which can maximize audio quality and suppress any undesirable frequency components. With its ultra-low power consumption in all key areas, highly flexible and configurable accessory detection, and reference audio CODEC driver for Linux, Android, and Windows OS, the NAU88L25 simplifies designers’ efforts and gets their products to market quickly.”

Ok, technical specs aside, my brief testing indicates that it is far more superior than Apples own adaptor. I am using Nobel Kaiser K10 CIEM to test, and it works really good. As mention earlier, it sounds like an amplifier and not an adaptor type of audio quality. I also have the Dragonfly red Dac, but it is very bulky to carry around, and it does not pick up calls. The Astell& KERN XB10 extreme Bluetooth is actually more convenient than the Fiio i3, but the battery life is short, and voice quality is worst.The XB10 connects to the calls but after the call, the music never resume, and I have to power it down and up to reconnect. So every calls, I have to do that, and I start to put it away and start looking around. Also, I do not have the habit of charging Bluetooth headset everyday. The i1 does not require charging; it draws power from your iphone. According to the website, Iphone 7 can power the I1 for 23 hours before it needs to re-charge… love it.

The i1 is also plug and play like apple’s own adaptor, only diff is you need to download the i1 apps and it is now plug and play (no configuration needed). The button's location is great, Its big enough for my fingers and I do not need to look to be able to control it. The middle button is play/stop, 2 clicks for next track/3 click for previous track. The two buttons next to the middle are for up and down vol. This is way more easier than XB10, I never able to change track with XB10 without looking because of its small buttons and weird locations.

Ok, are you ready for the mother of all features, its cost only $40 compare to XB10 at $189 and Dragonfly red at $198. The i1 sound quality is in the same league as both of these device. Again, your miles varies depending on your headphones impedance and other factors, for me my K10 CIEM sound as good as both of these device. I could hear more clarity in i1 than the other 2. The dragonfly is little too warm when paired with K10 andXB10 bluetooth quality is well. still bluetooth quality.

I recommend to anyone looking for a portable dac without carrying 2 separate devices that is MFI certified with great sound quality and pick up calls at the same time. I will even recommend to some my audiophile friends carrying portable amps to give this a shot. The only cons I find is now I have an extremely long cable... dang!

Jun 9, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #73 of 120
Ok my review is up

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...ef=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B071R7DYHD

I have been looking mobile solutions to this and finally end my search here. The i1 sound quality feels like using an amp but without the bulk. The sound quality is far superior to the apple's own adaptor. I will say the sound quality is on par with the dragonfly red and A&K wireless adaptor. I am still amazed.

Initially, I was a little concern about the voice quality call when one review posted poor quality, but I took the risk and went ahead with the purchase, and it turns out the voice quality is way better than a Bluetooth quality. In fact, I have not had any complaint so far about phone calls quality. Of course, if you face the wind like riding a bike, there will be wind noise, and that goes the same as most Bluetooth headsets. That being said, other party still hears me well.

This is an Apple MFI certified product, which means it works flawlessly with my iphone 7 with any issues.

According to Fiio website, the i1 uses a new DAC chip called NAU88L25. I went and did some search, and it turns out Nuvton Technology manufactures this chip. Here is a snippet of what it says on the websites.

“Nuvoton Technology introduced the NAU88L25, a new ultra low power audio codec device optimized for audio headphone and headset applications. The NAU88L25 supports advanced audio accessory detection including audio jack insertion / ejection, up-to 8 button detection with short / long press support, microphone and ground pin detection with auto internal switching, which will simplify the challenges of detecting different audio headsets and accessory types with no additional components and reducing click/pop noise during the detection process.

The new audio CODEC incorporates a 24-bit signal processing engine including programmable biquad filters and DRC (Dynamic Range Compressor), which can maximize audio quality and suppress any undesirable frequency components. With its ultra-low power consumption in all key areas, highly flexible and configurable accessory detection, and reference audio CODEC driver for Linux, Android, and Windows OS, the NAU88L25 simplifies designers’ efforts and gets their products to market quickly.”

Ok, technical specs aside, my brief testing indicates that it is far more superior than Apples own adaptor. I am using Nobel Kaiser K10 CIEM to test, and it works really good. As mention earlier, it sounds like an amplifier and not an adaptor type of audio quality. I also have the Dragonfly red Dac, but it is very bulky to carry around, and it does not pick up calls. The Astell& KERN XB10 extreme Bluetooth is actually more convenient than the Fiio i3, but the battery life is short, and voice quality is worst.The XB10 connects to the calls but after the call, the music never resume, and I have to power it down and up to reconnect. So every calls, I have to do that, and I start to put it away and start looking around. Also, I do not have the habit of charging Bluetooth headset everyday. The i1 does not require charging; it draws power from your iphone. According to the website, Iphone 7 can power the I1 for 23 hours before it needs to re-charge… love it.

The i1 is also plug and play like apple’s own adaptor, only diff is you need to download the i1 apps and it is now plug and play (no configuration needed). The button's location is great, Its big enough for my fingers and I do not need to look to be able to control it. The middle button is play/stop, 2 clicks for next track/3 click for previous track. The two buttons next to the middle are for up and down vol. This is way more easier than XB10, I never able to change track with XB10 without looking because of its small buttons and weird locations.

Ok, are you ready for the mother of all features, its cost only $40 compare to XB10 at $189 and Dragonfly red at $198. The i1 sound quality is in the same league as both of these device. Again, your miles varies depending on your headphones impedance and other factors, for me my K10 CIEM sound as good as both of these device. I could hear more clarity in i1 than the other 2. The dragonfly is little too warm when paired with K10 andXB10 bluetooth quality is well. still bluetooth quality.

I recommend to anyone looking for a portable dac without carrying 2 separate devices that is MFI certified with great sound quality and pick up calls at the same time. I will even recommend to some my audiophile friends carrying portable amps to give this a shot. The only cons I find is now I have an extremely long cable... dang!
Ok wow the comparable to dragonfly red got me sold!

Jun 9, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #74 of 120
Well.. It really depends on your headphone, If I use my Hifiman ED X v2 headphone, then the dragonfly would sound better IMO as the warmth added some ommph. The Dragonfly sounded richer so pairing with K10 makes it too warm for my taste.

Jun 9, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #75 of 120
Ok my review is up

Did you read the specs for this? It is only recommended to drive headphones up to 32 ohms. The Dragonfly Red can drive headphones with 300 ohm impedance. There's no comparison between the two. This might sound good for lower impedance headphones and earbuds, but let's not get crazy saying it is in the same league as the Dragonfly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back