I would love some help on a new mp3 player.
Sep 14, 2012 at 5:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Deckkie

New Head-Fier
Dear Head-fi,

I kinda made a account just for this question, and I hope its not too impolite.
But I would like some of the endless knoweledge on Head-fi.

I am currently using two mp3 players. The Sony NWZ-s755 and the sansa clip+.

I enjoy the sony mp3 player a lot music quality whise, the big problem is its user interface. Next to listening to music, I do also listen to podcasts and audio books. The sony device, however does not have very good features for these types of audio. It does not remember where you left in a audio book, forcing me to either listen to the whole book/ chapters before I can safely listen to music again. Its fast forward is also very slow, giving problems with audiobooks at times. And lastly since I live in europe, it has its famous volume limiter.

Next to my s755 I use the sansa clp+. In terms of user interface it is the best mp3 player that I have ever used. all the lacking features on my sony device are intergrated into the sansa. However, the music quality is not on par with sony.

I am now here before you all to ask if someone knows of a mp3 player that has a good unit interface while also have solid SQ. I would prefer a player that is not more than 150 euro.

Again, I hope that I am not too impolite in making a thread as my first post, and sincirely hope that someone knows of a solid mp3 player that meets my whises.

Thank you all.

Sep 14, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 5
Before spending money try installing rockbox on your sansa clip plus.  Could make all the difference. 

Rockbox.org

Cheers

Sep 14, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #3 of 5
I agree with the poster above. I am not affiliated with the Rockbox team, and they are all doing their job with Rockbox without getting paid for it anyway, so they are not trying to sell something.

You can install Rockbox easilly with the Rockbox utility. I have installed Rockbox on my Sansa Clip+, and the EQ when using Rockbox is much better than in the original firmware.

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #4 of 5
The Samsung Galaxy 3.6, 4.2(Micro SD card expension), philips Go Gears are very good sounding DAPs with google IOS (Andriod) which allows users to download APPs and get even more better soundquality.

Sep 14, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 5
Thank you all so much!
I will definatly try out the Rockbox, and hope it will be sufficient (how can it not be :D)
But if worst would come than I will look into the Go Gears and Galaxy 3.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back