I would like to know the process of getting and buying Custom IEMs
Jan 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Couch Potato

Head-Fier
as title states
id like to know by step by step, this is fairly new to me from a universal iem user to a custom made iem

e.g. what are the steps?
1.i order a custom iems online
2.they contact me to meet at their shop to check my ears inorder to take measurements of molding custom iem
3. they send email contacting giving notice on when ill be receiving my iem
4. voila i got my custom made iem and if im not happy with isolation or what so ever i send it back for further remolding

are the steps above correct?? im very confused

thanks
kind regards

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #2 of 5
1) order the CIEM
2) make your ear impressions--you can do this with an ear impression kit or contacting an audiologist. Normally, sites like UE have an audiologist locator to make your search easier.
3)send your impressions to the company
4)they take abut a month to create your CIEMs
5)you receive them---if you buy internationally, you may be charged custom duties
6)if your CIEMs don't give you the perfect fit, most are more loose than actually hurting, you have to send it back to the company within the designated time. Normally, that is 30days. You have to pay shipping of the CIEM back to the company and also need to provide new ear impressions.

Oh and feel free to contact the company as much via email. You did pay alot of money for it anyways.

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 5
I've bought two CIEMs from Heir Audio and here's what I did:

1. Place an order online (add $ for design customizations and shipping charges)
2. Print out the instructions for the Audiologist (most CIEM sites have clear instructions)
3. Make an appointment with an Audiologist (which ranges between $25 and $100)
4. Send the impressions to the CIEM manufacturer (per ordering instructions)
5. Receive confirmation of the arrival of your impressions
6. Wait for completion of your order (which can take 3 - 6 weeks, depending on the mfr)
7. Receive visual confirmation of the completion and acknowledge if it matches your order request
8. Receive shipping information and tracking (about 1 - 2 weeks, based on destination)
9. Sign for and pay any customs fees (which depends on your country)

Enjoy your CIEMs!

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #4 of 5
I've bought two CIEMs from Heir Audio and here's what I did:

Enjoy your CIEMs!

Lol lies. I see you're halfway through the process on your 6As. But either way, it must be nice to have the whole lineup in your posession. I'm still waiting for my first CIEMs. It'll be in a month before they finish.

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Lol lies. I see you're halfway through the process on your 6As. But either way, it must be nice to have the whole lineup in your posession. I'm still waiting for my first CIEMs. It'll be in a month before they finish.

Damn, I'm busted 
tongue.gif

Honestly, I only made a deposit on the 6.A (which looks to be the last one), so I haven't technically bought it yet.  I'll probably use the 4.A at work/cafes/workouts and keep the beasties connected to my home rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back