I would like to have your recommendation !
Dec 16, 2022 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Josh43

New Head-Fier
Hello I am new to this forum, I have a Rotel A11 integrated amp paired with an Evga Nu audio sound card on Ubuntu 22.04.1. I play my music on Jriver 30, all connected with a Kimber kable timbre base series rca wire as well as Monitor Audio Silver 6 speakers and Grado SR80 headphones.

I want to know if I wouldn't be better off with a Peachtree Nova 150 amp since it can be plugged directly into USb on my pc. Would I have better performance, is the dac better on the peachtree amp than on my EVGA NU audio sound card? I await your response!

Thanks, have a good day :)

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 9
Since you are using USB either way, it will all depend on what drivers and operating system (OS) you will use. If the DAC on the Peachtree Nova 150 will use the built-in drivers for whatever OS you are using, then it these drivers might actually work better in the long run, as sound cards can be ruled obsolete by whatever company made them.

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 9
Hello I am new to this forum, I have a Rotel A11 integrated amp paired with an Evga Nu audio sound card on Ubuntu 22.04.1. I play my music on Jriver 30, all connected with a Kimber kable timbre base series rca wire as well as Monitor Audio Silver 6 speakers and Grado SR80 headphones.

I want to know if I wouldn't be better off with a Peachtree Nova 150 amp since it can be plugged directly into USb on my pc. Would I have better performance, is the dac better on the peachtree amp than on my EVGA NU audio sound card? I await your response!

Thanks, have a good day :)
Get an outboard dac and run toslink from EVGA to the new dac. Dac in Peachtree is junk.

Dec 16, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 9
Good evening, ok then I should stay with my Rotel A11 which I have connected for 2 years with a Kimber kable rca cable? My speaker wires are of the same brand. And my RCA wires are connected directly from my sound card to the amp.

If not for around the same price, do you have another integrated amp to recommend to me with a real DAC or am I wasting my time?

Is there really a difference between an amplifier connected by an RCA wire or by USB to a computer?

Thanks for the quick responses!

Dec 16, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #8 of 9
Is the dac of my sound card good ?
Le meilleur endroit pour poser cette question est dans la section/ forum, Sound Science. Il y a plusieurs files qui traitent sur la question des DACs et sur ton type de question.
My suggestion for you is, the best place to ask this type of question would be in the Sound Science Forum. There are several threads which pertain to DACs and the type of question you’re asking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back