I WON SOME HP-2's...but...
Apr 19, 2007 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

juzmister

Headphoneus Supremus
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190101384730 I won these, but there is an issue...One of the headphones is missing a cover, I'm not sure if the driver is real or not. If it isn't, i'll tell him i refuse to pay and take the negative feedback. Let me know,
Justin.

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 64
It seems dodgy and battered to me
frown.gif

There's no way you can really tell.

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #5 of 64
I wonder if Grado could provide service to fix them up? It might still be worth it if the price of the service weren't very high.

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #6 of 64
I like the look of them, just won't pay if the drivers are fake. I'm happy to buy a new headband, and get some covers/screws. It's just impossible if the drivers are fake..What do you think?

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #8 of 64
Why don't you email Grado and explain the situation? Ask them how much it would cost to check and replace the drivers, should they be fake. If you paid $700 for them, and they usually cost $1300 in this forum, you still have up to $600 worth of repairs before it's a bad deal.

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #9 of 64
Lol, second time in the row he'd have to relist because of a non-paying bidder if you didn't pay <_<

There's no way to tell if the drivers are fake unless you can get him to open it up and take pictures of the drivers themselves... then maybe someone could tell.

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #10 of 64
I just noticed you're from Australia. In that case it might not be cost effective to ship it to Grado for repairs.
frown.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #11 of 64
True... the incidental damage is mostly cosmetic. If the drivers are real and in good condition, you're still a winner. A guarded congrats on your win. Good luck with the screws and cover.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #12 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just noticed you're from Australia. In that case it might not be cost effective to ship it to Grado for repairs.
frown.gif

Lol, the headphones are in America, he would ship them to Grado...

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #13 of 64
There was a very simular thread to this, and i think I rember taht the HPs had white fabric over the drivers, which woul dmake these look disengenuious *sp. But you should search that to see.
-greg

Apr 19, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #14 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by phergus_25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was a very simular thread to this, and i think I rember taht the HPs had white fabric over the drivers, which woul dmake these look disengenuious *sp. But you should search that to see.
-greg

Wasn't it black material?

Apr 19, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #15 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, the headphones are in America, he would ship them to Grado...

I would definitely consult with Grado first. Remember the HP-2 is a *Joe* Grado headphone, not part of the current *John* Grado business. In another thread I heard of a guy who had his HP-1000 fixed by Joe Grado himself, which of course is awesome but it took a long time because he's quite old and can't be fixing stuff all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back