I wish I could wear my headphones all the time!
May 20, 2003 at 9:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

KentWang

New Head-Fier
See, I have long hair and it sucks when it blows into my mouth or in front of my eyes. But my V6's (with the Beyer pads) are perfect for keeping my hair in control. In fact, they essentially serve the same function as a hairband (you know, those St. Louis Arch looking things) except I can't wear hairbands since I'm not a girl.

Ah, if only I could walk around with them everywhere like a fashion accessory.

May 20, 2003 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by KentWang
Ah, if only I could walk around with them everywhere like a fashion accessory.

What's stopping you?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2003 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 9
Braid it like Beckham
May 21, 2003

DAVID Beckham, known for his fashion sense as much as his soccer skills, is sporting a new braided hairstyle that has already cost one fan his education.

Beckham's new hairdo – super-tight braided "cornrows" running down his skull – is the latest obsession in Britain where the Manchester United soccer star is worshipped.

But this time round dedicated followers of Beckham may have to suffer for their style. Yesterday a school near Liverpool, England, expelled a pupil for his Beckham look.

The cornrow style, a series of parallel small plaits pulled tightly to the head, is the latest of his trend-setting looks that have included a Mohican, a bald head and an Alice band in the past two years.

"He'll manage to carry it off if anyone will," said Willie Hendry, who has styled the hair of Beckham's wife Victoria.

"[But] on a 15-stone man with a fat face it wouldn't work."

Hairdresser Catherine Morris said her customers ask for Beckham haircuts soon after he unveils a new look.

"But not all blokes have the length for the cornrow so it may not be as popular."

Mr Hendry cautioned that Beckham might soon tire of the style because it needed to be redone every week or two.

May 20, 2003 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by KentWang
...except I can't wear hairbands since I'm not a girl.

Yes you can. It all has to do with how you wear it. If you're too homophobic about your image, and worried and nervous when you wear hairbands, then yes, it will show, and you shouldn't wear them. However, if you can carry it off, people will just think you're cool.

That said, hairbands are so 80's.

PS I agree with you about headphones, they do do a nice job of keeping my hair out of my face as well.

PPS A couple of stories: a female acquaintance (who didn't know me that well, but had seen me out a couple of times, and we had some mutual friends) came up to me and asked, "are you gay?" Instead of getting all insecure and saying, "no!", I smiled and asked, "why, you wanna sleep with me?" Trust me, it's a much better response.

Second story cancelled, replaced with this advice: don't try the same thing with a guy, instead, roll your eyes.

P^3S Not that there's anything wrong with that.

May 20, 2003 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 9
i've seen guys in headbands... i don't think of them as gay, just dumbasses...
biggrin.gif

headbands aren't too horrible, just stay away from rhinestone-encrusted tiaras

May 21, 2003 at 7:01 AM Post #8 of 9
beckham = an amazing soccer player for the UK

If you are in the least bit interested in soccer, you would've heard about him by now... even if you weren't interested in soccer, you should've heard about him by now.

PS. He's also with posh spice from the Spice Girls
PPS. Posh spice was the tall prissy-looking brunette... not the lesbian.
PPPS. I think her name's Victoria Adams

May 21, 2003 at 7:39 AM Post #9 of 9
A+ for this one, AIM9x.
biggrin.gif

Well, except that he plays for England, not the UK and that he is not considered so "amazing" in mainland Europe and probably elsewhere.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back