I will pay someone to recable my dt990
Apr 10, 2014 at 5:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

unclepauly

Head-Fier
1st off if I'm in the wrong section sorry, but this is more of a question than a business proposition. My cable is broke where it enters the headphone housing and not being versed in this stuff I need someone to do it for me. I don't even know the difference between balanced and unbalanced although I'm going to google that in a minute.

So should I pay an official recable service company to do this or can someone here provide roughly the same thing for less monies? I'm currently downgraded to an AD700 and none too happy about it :frowning2:

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 2
The DT990 is more or less the same as DT770 and I have rebuilt a few of them, I have DT770 stock cables which would make a nice replacement. I can also whip up a nice looking custom cable like if you want something shorter to make it more portable, maybe you'd like to make the cable detachable to prevent this from happening again? which ever way you decide to go it wouldn't cost much for such a simple repair.

I have a day job(IT Manager) but I also do custom whole home audio installation and a lot of electronic's repair work. If your interested send me a pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back