I want to use my HD600's on my PS5. I have a Fiio A5 Amp. What Dongle to get?
Jun 15, 2023 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Mkilbride

Head-Fier
So for the last few days I've been researching. Right now, I have my HD600 connected to my Denon X3400H via RCA to 3.5mm into my amp, and from there to my headphones. They're on Zone2. Watching media on my NVIDIA Shield, they sound fantastic and enjoyable.

However, when I switched over to my PS5, getting it to work was difficult for some reason. Even after assigning the Analog audio to the input, it doesn't always work and I need to swap it back and fourth for some reason, then, by some miracle - it just works, even though I have to re-do my HDR settings every time for some reason(On the PS5).

Trying out the FF16 Demo, things started to go weird. I had to Amp them more than previously, by a good margin, like 30% more of the dial turned. Even then, sometimes things just did not sound right. The PS5 does not have any options to select Headphones, it auto-detects. So the PS5 is detecting them as speakers, and I don't *know* if that's affecting audio quality here. I also can't get 3D Audio this way, but not exactly a thing I care all that much about.

Looking at all the dongles...so much headache. Apple one is recommended...but does not work on PS5. There's a bunch of cheap Chineseium ones on Amazon and ebay ect. That come recommended. Needing to be UAC1 is a real issue.

After looking at potentially getting a new AMP / DAC Combo or something like the Schitt Hell2E, which I hear incredibly varying things about, it's either amazing for the PS5, or the worst thing ever...

I just ordered this and it'll be here soon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NVNFJXH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm just wondering what other people did here? This thing looks cheap, but if it works well, the idea is to just pass it into my amp and then bam...

The Hel2 interests me because it seems like a good future-proofing in a way, as I only have an Amp now, and that's been enough, but yeah. But their QC issues are insane, dozens of topics of hundreds of users complaining, real hard sell...

I don't actually play on my PS5 much, but I got these HD600 recently and been really enjoying them. However, FF16 is coming out and it's an audio experience for sure, sadly due to living arrangements I need to use headphones and not my full size speakers...so I'd like the best possible audio experience without spending absurd amounts of money for no real reason.

Jun 17, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #2 of 2
Just to update, that cable did not work. When plugged in, my volume was so low, that even with my Amp on High Gain at 100%, it just barely was audible. Meanwhile normally I run the HD600 at 50% Low Gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back