I want to upgrade my Hifiman HE-500
Apr 4, 2018 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

posedown

New Head-Fier
Hello,

i want to upgrade my Hifiman HE-500. I like the sound signature of the HE-500 this planar magnetic sound.
But its by far the headphone with least details of my headphones collection. Own a Stax-L700 and a Sennheiser HD-800.

Thinking of Hifiman Edition-X or Audeze LCD2 Classic.

Maybe anyone switched from HE-500 to these headphones? Or could tell me if this will be a good upgrade?

Thank you!

Apr 4, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #2 of 3
Hello,

i want to upgrade my Hifiman HE-500. I like the sound signature of the HE-500 this planar magnetic sound.
But its by far the headphone with least details of my headphones collection. Own a Stax-L700 and a Sennheiser HD-800.

Thinking of Hifiman Edition-X or Audeze LCD2 Classic.

Maybe anyone switched from HE-500 to these headphones? Or could tell me if this will be a good upgrade?

Thank you!

LCD-2 Classic will have quite a bit more bass presence than the HE-500, also quite a bit less sparkle in the treble.

Maybe save up for the MrSpeakers Ether Flow, they are superb (I have the HE-500 and am very happy with them still). The Ether Flow would be my upgrade to the HE-500 if I ever had the money.

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #3 of 3
You can read up on the HE6,which is discontinued and needs a beast of an amp(really!)Check out my review of the HE6 for more info.In a nutshell I think the HE6 destroys the HE500 across the board,except for mids,where the 500 is absolutely superb.

I owned it and the HE-500 at the same time and the 6 was clearly a superior headphone sound wise.That being said i think the HE500 is a bargain for the price you can get one at these days.

EDIT:I also owned the LCD-2 pf at the same time as the others and it got the least amount of headtime,so I preferred the HE500 over it...YMMV.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back