I want to upgrade from my Nuforce Udac, but to what? Im on a budget to make things a bit more spicy :D
Jul 12, 2011 at 6:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Arvan

500+ Head-Fier
Im sitting on a Nu-force Udac 1st gen atm, im using it as both dac and amp at the moment..At first it was a big lift in quality, but now i want more!

The cans im using is the AKG k242 HD which i enjoy very much indeed but i still dig out my very old and beaten up sennheiser HD200 sometimes just for some fun more disco like listening. 

Im on a budget so the first combo i tried was to use the Nuforce as a D/A and plug in an Pro-Ject head box II. I enjoyed this combo but i feel that he nuforce is holding it back some what? The clarity was improved but also bass and overall control, but i noticed that the biggest improvement was on the high freqs.

Is there an alternative solution that costs roughly like the head box? My plan is to upgrade the dac when i get my hands on a better amp.

Am im doing this right? :)

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #2 of 3
Others may be able to tell you more, but for amps maybe get a Little Dot. The MKII is supposed to sound pretty good for the price, and is right in your budget. If you save a little more, you can get the MKIII :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back