I want to try and get into this hobby, but I need some direction.
Feb 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DaRobster

New Head-Fier
Two or three years ago my mother got me a pair of MMX 300s for Christmas. At the time I didn't think much of it, they were just a comfortable pair of headphones that were good to play video games with. As of about a month ago I started to seriously getting into music, which lead me to research headphones. I did a ton of research and ultimately decided on a pair of mdr-v6. I found that I am very interested in headphones, and I think that I would enjoy the audiophile hobby very much. Back to the topic, I have this pair of MMX 300s, which I read is essentially a pair of DT770s with a high quality mic, and I am curious as to where I go now. I can either get an amp,if I get an amp it is going to be a portable one, or I can get a pair of Grado SR255i (or other similarly priced open ear headphones). If I get an amp, it would have to be $200 or less. So what would be a better investment for my future audiophile endeavors? 

Oh,I am going off to college next year, so most of my listening is going to be from my Android Razr Maxx or a laptop I still have yet to decide on.

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 3
If the Android platform will support it with firewire, an outboard DAC/amp would do you well in a dorm. Quality sound in a small footprint. But if you really want to do yourself a favor, run.........

You still here? Ok, if you're gonna stick around, welcome to Head Fi and sorry bout your wallet. And yeah, this isn't the forum to enter into for portable stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back