I want to see you in Vinyl: An Offer of Free Stuff!!!!!
Jul 12, 2003 at 8:17 AM Post #16 of 40
I intend to have the following setup:

Denon DP-29Fe (w/stock cartridge) --> NAD 3020B Phono Input --> Line Out --> nOrh SE9 --> AKG K1000

I've got everything, except for another pair of interconnects, and some vinyl to spin.

Jul 13, 2003 at 4:30 AM Post #17 of 40
i didn't count the number of posts in the hope that i'll still be able to get in on this *crosses fingers*

I've got an old Technics SL-B202 that is starting to give out on me with a crappy AudioTechnica cartridge. I'm hoping to upgrade to a Music Hall MMF-5 with a nice cartridge and a homebrew preamp sometime in the near future

Ok on with the list...

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon. recently picked up the SACD and fell in love with the album, i've been looking for a vinyl copy for a while now;

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue or anything else of his. KoB is my reference CD, absolutely love just about all of Davis' work and would like to hear it in analog

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme.

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works vol. II.

Something from Zeppelin would be cool as well, i've jus recently started listening to them and like what i've heard so far

Jul 13, 2003 at 5:12 AM Post #18 of 40
uniuniunium, there is no LP of selected ambience works II

Jul 13, 2003 at 5:21 AM Post #19 of 40
I've got to testify here, I requested an OOP LP from Fred (it was to be a gift for a friend) and not having a vinyl rig I had no way to buy it used & test it. Fred picked it up, cleaned it, listened to it & shipped it to me. It went over very well. I couldn't even begin to tell you how much I appreciated that. This is one insane dude when it comes to being a nice guy... And I'd be posting if I had the room for a turntable... LOL, after I move, as if I wasn't tempted enough... Fred, I'll be looking for some suggestions at that point...

k1000smile.gif

Jul 14, 2003 at 12:23 AM Post #21 of 40
Thanks Tubey, I just got my Music Hall 2.1 last week and if youve read my post all the good stuff in NYC has been found.
Here are my five:

Anything by:

Dusty Springfield
The Association
Jimmy Castor Bunch
The Cure

and last but not least

Santana's Abraxas

Thanks Tubey I really hope your offer is still open.

Jul 14, 2003 at 1:04 AM Post #22 of 40
Ill make it easy on you, anything:

Funk, RandB, Psychedelic, or Reggae. Nothing from the last 20 years.

Jul 14, 2003 at 5:19 AM Post #23 of 40
Send me some good ol' billie holiday type stuff.

I don't know much about blues, but I'd like to get more into it.

Jul 14, 2003 at 3:49 PM Post #24 of 40
I don't need you to send me any LPs, but if I send you a stack of mine will you clean them, change the sleeves, and send 'em back?
tongue.gif

This is the most aggressive and pro-active attempt to convert people to vinyl I've seen, and I like it - usually people just argue about the merits and get nowhere. And it's very generous of you - beyond just the cost and postage - I know that once I've brought an album home and taken the time to clean it and change its diapers, it's hard for me to part with. My preciouses...
rolleyes.gif
Good luck to the vinyl newbies!

Jul 14, 2003 at 7:49 PM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by minya
Yes, there is.

(Granted, it's out of print.)

- Chris

that's what i was thinking. most IDM/electronica is released on vinyl at some point, but usually on a very limited basis.

Jul 15, 2003 at 1:03 AM Post #27 of 40
Hmm, allmusic didn't have a vinyl release listed for selected ambient works 2. I suppose this is one of those kind of blue things though (allmusic has kind of blue released in 1959 on both LP and CD, quite an accomplishment if i do say so myself)

Jul 15, 2003 at 2:06 AM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by Ebonyks
Hmm, allmusic didn't have a vinyl release listed for selected ambient works 2.

Allmusic isn't a great source for non-mainstream music information.

SAW II was released as a triple LP on brown and black vinyl way back when by Warp, and includes two extra tracks over the American issue on Sire and one extra track over the 2CD on Warp.

- Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back