I want to find a sound card with analog output higher grade than Xonar Essence STX, pls advise.
Jun 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ngkwunwah

New Head-Fier
I am now using Asus Xonar Essence STX. I want to find a sound card which is higher grade than my current Xonar STX. I just using the RCA analog output to my amp and my Hi-Fi Speaker. Of course, I just for music (esp classical one) and not for gaming. No matter the price. Would anyone advise me? Thank you in advance.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #3 of 8
no, the stx is very good so far. I'm very satisfied with this card. Just I want to install a new PC for my father including a sound card. So I am considering whether I should shift it to him, then I can replace it with a superior one. Just cos I am greed. But it does give me an excuse to find if there is a superior one :p

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #4 of 8
kind of a waste of cash imo. you'll be better of upgrading other things, like room acoustics, speakers, music collection. those things will actually make a difference 

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 8
I own the stx card not really sure their is a better sound card than that one, have you looked at the asus essence one muses edition it has very good reviews . But its a lot more money about 1k.

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #7 of 8
I actually don't know much about the use of Essence Muses, as there are different inputs & outputs...
But I just use for music listening, but not editing. Another question is what can I connect from the SPID digital output and whether its quality will be better than analoge RCA output for I have amp & speakers.

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #8 of 8
If your like me and listen to music mostly through a computer then the asus essence one muses edition would be an awesome upgrade, Use the s/pdif out on the stx as a pass-through to the dac/amp to your main amp then your speakers very easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back