I Want To Feel The Bass, Max Bass w/ Max Quality! Which HeadPhones?
Nov 7, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #62 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by arterius2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why are you people still giving him suggestions, this clown is obviously a joke. some headfier got bored and made a new account trying to start some sh-it

don't judge him man. why is it so hard to believe that he's being serious? anyone new to high end headphones with exposure only to skullcandy/other mainstream "popular" headphones would be no different.

i think it's inappropriate to say that about slim, it could be true, but i'll reserve judgment.

if he's just someone who wants to get into this hobby, this thread might change his mind and give him the general feeling that head-fi'ers are dicks.

Nov 7, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #63 of 147
Because everything he has said contradicts what audiophiles believes in. he obviously has to be a knowledgabe headfier to be able to make these sarcastic contradictions

"A price that makes me think they are worth, dont show me some "bass" headphones that cost $20 because they will not reproduce even a single second of bass"
-we all know about those cheap bass heavy "fart cannon" phones

"The DT770 look good, but they have 96dB only? isnt that a little bit too low on volume"

-this one is just plainly stupid. he obviosly knows about sound preassure levels.

"I like closed headphones, not in-ear ones becase I know bass doesnt exist on those"
-we all know that some IEM has very nice bass. he used the word "doesnt exist", meaning absolutely no bass, 0, zilch. clearly trying to be a clown here. if he was truly a newb, he wouldnt use those words, oversaturated with sarcasm

"Yes I believe the skullcrushers are reaaally good"
-there was just a post about how bad the skulls are. its like a general knowledge shared by all hifiers. just like we know bose is overrated. note he emphased the word "reaaally", obviously trying to tick us off.

"I dont wanna spend a fortune on headphones because in 3 months the $500 are gonna be $200"

-we all knows the value of headphones dont plunge like other high tech gadgets. clearly contradiction.

"Do any of this 2 headphones need batteries? Because in my opinion, if it doesnt need battery, it wont be powerful enough."
-note the sarcasm in this message. for someone who claims to have zilch knowledge in the hifi area, he surely isnt a very "modest" newb. you think he is being serious? well then he shouldnt be taken seriously as well.

Nov 7, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #64 of 147
... and if he is legit, damn he just got shutdown bigtime!
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #65 of 147
Yes, in all seriousess I shall try to reply to this thread.

First off, slim, 96dB is a rather unsafe volume level to listen to. Try to keep it in the 70 to 80dB level.

The community here is geared toward headphones quite different from what you are looking for, i.e. NOT Skullcandies.

Super low frequencies you are looking for will be found in Ultrasone PROline 750's. The bass on it will actually make your head vibrate. It also fits the no distortion at high volume levels (by head-fi standards.) It's not too comfortable, but tolerable. The quantity is a little lacking to my Sennheiser HD-650, but the depth is definitely better. As for your price comment, there are some who actually prefer to listen to their 10 dollar Koss headphones over their 1000 dollar K-1000's from time to time.

Nov 7, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #67 of 147
hey guys, i can be serious too:

bose makes the best headphones in the world.
sound on my HE90 just isnt up to par with my pair of skullcandies.

plz quote me.

Nov 7, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #68 of 147
i too am a closet Bass fiend. (thats a step up from bass head)
i am in recovery but my car trunk does carry the scars of the condition.

Slim my recommendation is to keep with what you have if you really need the ridiculous bass in a headphone. the headphones that are recomending here probably have about the same amount of bass but are much more expensive.

it is my belief that a headphone cannot reproduce bass properly. proper bass should be felt in your gut and no headphone can do that. my 2 cent

although i just EQd some more bass to my HD465 and its a good amount. i

Nov 7, 2007 at 10:00 AM Post #69 of 147
My problem is answering the OP's question is that I don't know what he means by "feel the bass," with headphones especially. Some have coupled open headphones with sub-woofers. Maybe this is what he needs to do? The DT770 is most likely to be the nearest to his specifications or maybe those Ultrasones noted somewhere in this thread.

Nov 7, 2007 at 12:10 PM Post #70 of 147
I refuse to sell you (the OP) my Darth Beyers, because if you turn them all the way up like you like to listen, the bass will cause your eardrums (and other inner-ear parts) to be blown out of your nostrils -- and I don't want to be responsible for that happening.

Nov 7, 2007 at 12:31 PM Post #71 of 147
I would suggest DT770pro/80 or K81DJ. They both have great bass. Great for hip hop, techno, trance etc.

Nov 7, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #73 of 147
Is it wrong for me to think this thread should be required reading for all new members?

Nov 7, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #74 of 147
If you want IEMs that can rattle your eardrum, I believe that the Atrio M5/M8s did that to me. I had them for a while and the bass comparable to the DT770/80 (I have them). But to be honest, you're better off paying your $140 for some DT770s.

To the OP, you can never go wrong with the DT770s. Look at my sig, it'll explain you a thing or two.

Nov 7, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #75 of 147
To the OP, let me apologize for the general snobbery in this thread. You have to understand that this is a hi-fi forum and what you are looking for is counterintuitive to most of our goals, which is balanced and detailed reproduction of all aspects in music/games/movies.

The trouble is, as many have mentioned, the higher you crawl up the sound-quality ladder, the LESS likely you are to find massive amounts of bass. Headphones get more and more refined (with variations in sound signatures) as you spend more money and expect more nuance from your drivers.

My advice to you is to save your money. Maybe pick up a pair of those Sony MDR-V700 DJ cans and EQ the crap out of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back