I Want to Cry
May 26, 2006 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

Scotty757

500+ Head-Fier
So, I'm in medical school.

We had finals last week.

I left my iPod and Ety ER4-P on the rack in my lab while I went to go take my physiology final.

I return, and they're both gone.

I know its my own damn fault, but I think I'm gonna be sick.

Scott

May 26, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 45
Well, don't give up hope just yet, you may luck into some kind soul that'll turn it into lost & found. If not, hey, it's a good excuse to buy new toys.
icon10.gif

Sorry to hear about it. I'm sure we've all been in situations where we left behind expensive stuff.

May 26, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #4 of 45
Crimes like this make the death penalty justifiable.

Killing someone, meh, they dont have to live with it.

Stealing their music and thereby soul, pure evil.

Sorry about your loss. Heres hoping the story takes an unexpected good turn soon.

May 26, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #5 of 45
Sorry to hear that mate. I know how I'd feel when someone would steal my stuff.
mad.gif

May 26, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #7 of 45
Don't worry, in 5 to 10 years, when you're done with residency, you can get whatever you want
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #8 of 45
mad.gif
sorry to hear that man. It's times like this that justify upgrading.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 26, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #10 of 45
Offer a reward ... they get to keep the Ety's, no questions asked, if they return the iPod, a piece of harware that contains music that represents a lot of time, money -- and personal preferences -- on it.

OK, so that's not very practical. I'm truly sorry for the disappearance of your property. You don't want to have anything taken, even if it's just something replaceable like a pair of running shoes or a single CD. But this is worse.

Exam mode does things to one -- I hope you at least did well. (When you're practicing medicine, let this be some kind of hard, expensive lesson for attention to detail while still seeing the whole picture. )

May 26, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #11 of 45
nm

May 26, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #12 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead
Offer a reward ... they get to keep the Ety's, no questions asked, if they return the iPod, a piece of harware that contains music that represents a lot of time, money -- and personal preferences -- on it.

Should be the other way around

Had he left only the Etys and not the ipod, they prob would have still been there when he returned
icon10.gif

They wanted the ipod, you're not getting it back. Best-case scenario: they prefer ibuds to etys(which is very possible) and they return them instead of throwing them away.

May 26, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #13 of 45
sorry to hear that...

May 26, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #14 of 45
"Should be the other way around"

Yeah, that's probably true. I was thinking in terms of all the time and effort and self-expression that goes into filling a DAP (plus I suppose I was thinking like a Head-Fi reader in that I was imagining everyone would see the value in the Etys, which could at least be simply replaced ... either way, it's a loss that Head-Fiers would feel even more than the average consumer would).

May 26, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #15 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead
"Should be the other way around"

Yeah, that's probably true. I was thinking in terms of all the time and effort and self-expression that goes into filling a DAP (plus I suppose I was thinking like a Head-Fi reader in that I was imagining everyone would see the value in the Etys, which could at least be simply replaced ... either way, it's a loss that Head-Fiers would feel even more than the average consumer would).

The average consumer would **** a brick if their $350 mp3 player and $350 headphones got stolen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back