I WANT MY GRADO SR-60! but.. i need your help =)
Apr 2, 2005 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

J3mo

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I live in vancouver and with the academic year winding down, i'm hoping to hop the border to get my pair of grados soon.

Just wondering, would any of you know distributors of Grado products in either Bellingham area (hopefully) or Seattle area?

When I was looking for a distributor on my own online, i did come across the Experience Audio store website in Seattle BUT i'm hoping that there'll be a distributor in Bellingham area

Thank ya
eggosmile.gif

Apr 2, 2005 at 12:23 PM Post #2 of 42
why don't you just buy locally?

grado dealers
HI FI Center on Seymour street. Tel. 604 668 5502.
SOUND PLUS on Broadway. Tel. 604 873 4571

Apr 2, 2005 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 42
I go to UBC man
how about you? are you a student as well?

and i called up the two stores and the sr-60s go for $130...
if $69 (usd) = $84 (cad), i rather wait till i can go down to the states cause
.... being a student, i AM strapped for cash -_-

rmx (or anyone else), do you know of any places in bellingham or seattle?

also, kudos to HiFi centre for hiring one of the nicest (and the most honest) salesperson i've ever talked to. he explained to me why the prices are so much higher up here and actually told me how much the headphones go for in the states (among other things).

Apr 3, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #6 of 42
Hey guys...I live in Surrey... and I go to high school...
I suppose you could find the cans around here but... aren't they a little more expensive than the actual retail price? *Goes to the store and buys*
tongue.gif

Does any of you know where I can buy Sony mdr-ex81s or Sennheiser PX-200?
Thanks
icon10.gif

Apr 3, 2005 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by J3mo
I go to UBC man
how about you? are you a student as well?

and i called up the two stores and the sr-60s go for $130...
if $69 (usd) = $84 (cad), i rather wait till i can go down to the states cause
.... being a student, i AM strapped for cash -_-

rmx (or anyone else), do you know of any places in bellingham or seattle?

also, kudos to HiFi centre for hiring one of the nicest (and the most honest) salesperson i've ever talked to. he explained to me why the prices are so much higher up here and actually told me how much the headphones go for in the states (among other things).

Really-Go ask that salesman why for an extra $20 Canadian you can get a set of Alessandros ms-1 delivered right to your door(actually PO Box)

Apr 3, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #8 of 42
Vancouver is a great city to not buy audiophile type headphones. Best to order off the net.

Apr 3, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #9 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twigs
Vancouver is a great city to not buy audiophile type headphones. Best to order off the net.

That also goes for Toronto,
and there, you've covered 1/2 of Canada with those two cities
wink.gif

*sigh* its not even that everything's overpriced here... you cant FIND anything here...

Apr 3, 2005 at 5:22 AM Post #11 of 42
hey fellow vancouverites!

Im from SFU, 2nd year... own a pair of Koss Portapros
biggrin.gif

J3mo: i suggest checking out the Buysell forum every so often, ive seen SR60's go for about $60 there...

Apr 3, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #13 of 42
Hey J3mo, I'm a student too, at SFU.

Yeah, headphones are not cheap in vancouver. I was looking for beyer dt-770's locally a while back, and the cheapest I was quoted was $480. I managed to buy 2 sets for less than that off the web. Then I was in victoria last weekend, and popped by sound hounds - they had all the grados in stock, and wanted $420 for the SR325i's , and $299 for the SR225's. I bought my sr325's for $170 off the for sale forums, so I can definitely recommend getting whatever you want off there. Or, you could get the alessandro ms-1's new, shipped to you for $99 us, which I think is the best deal out there.

Looks like there's a lot of head-fi'ers around the GVRD now... I'm going to organize a meet in may... we should all meet up
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #14 of 42
Hehe a student-head-fi GVRD meet
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #15 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by J3mo

I'm a UBC student as well. Was it the Chinese guy with the glasses? I'm too embarassed to go there anymore because I try stuff but never buy anything. And everytime I go it's the same salesman! haha

RMX: A meet would be very cool cuz I really wanna hear the 770/80s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back