I want bass, Atrio M5 or invest in full size cans?
Feb 22, 2009 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gilgameshx

New Head-Fier
I just want some input. I don't want to spend a lot of money at this time. But I'm thinking of getting the Atrio M5 since I heard about the bass output of those IEMs. I currently own the UE Super.fi 5 Pros but it's not giving me the bass that I want. I want something that's like subwoofer to your ears. I listen to a lot of trance so I'm dying for bass.

I know IEMs bass isn't comparable to full size cans, but should I invest in cans instead? I don't really use my earphones at home, mostly at school or when I'm studying.

I am interested in buying used ones if I have to but I guess I need to build my post up to 50 first.

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #3 of 7
There's an EB version of the super.fi's.

Monster Turbines? Haven't heard them though so can't give my 2 cents.

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #5 of 7
go IEM route for isolation and protability

Atrio, Monsters, Sennes IE series.

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #6 of 7
i have owned the atrio and own the monster. both are great. the atrio is made better all around and is a harder to drive headphone. if driven very well, it is not boomy but if driven from the out of most portable players, it can get boomy and a bit slow.

amped: atrio is one of my favourite phones of all time. the monster turbine has in bass most of what the atrio has but has a cleaner presentation and can be driven well from a portable. it is fast and clean but has poorer cable and other construction issues.

the monster beats the atrio for a clean and extended high end - something that without eq and an amp, the atrio is blind to do. if you are active, then go for the atrio: it will last you longer. if you are listening just on the bus or at home, then the monster may fit your bill.

both are great - very special earphones but for different uses i think.

Feb 22, 2009 at 11:40 AM Post #7 of 7
I have to say the V-Moda Vibes pump out quite a bit of bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back