I want a pair of good in ear headphones for $100
Feb 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Lsamped

New Head-Fier
I need a new pair of headphones, and I want a nicer pair. What would you guys recommend for $100. I know the ibeats are popular,it I have heard mixed reviews about them. I mostly listen to rap (kid cudi, drake,wu tang) and rock (rise against and green day) but I listen to a ton of other stuff as well. Any suggestions?

Feb 8, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 6
Id suggest the Sennheiser IE 6, it sounds great with rock, albeit the vocals sound a tad distant, rap sounds great with it as well, the bass response is orgasmic.

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 6
My top choice is always the  Etymotic HF5 for anyone looking in the $100 range. If bass is super important to you though, maybe the Klipsch Image s4 would better suit you. I think they even offer an enhanced bass version.

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #4 of 6
If you haven't checked out joker's multi-iem review thread, do that.

I can personally recommend the Brainwavz M3; when I had it it was an excellent value for an IEM under 100. The M3's have a balanced yet slightly musical signature, handle all genres well (but if you're looking for bass monsters look elsewhere), and a terrific soundstage. They are comparable to my GR07, which I paid three times the price for. The only reason I upgraded was because I broke the M3's after three months. I recommend them to everyone who wants to get serious about their sound quality..

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
Id suggest the Sennheiser IE 6, it sounds great with rock, albeit the vocals sound a tad distant, rap sounds great with it as well, the bass response is orgasmic.

The IE6 is much more than $100. It is $147 on Amazon. I guess that is around the lowest legitimate price.

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #6 of 6
If you like you bass, Shure SE215.  I think retail is $99, less if on sale (I think I paid $79 for mine)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back