I want a new set of IEMs, need help.
Apr 3, 2008 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Huskyoff

New Head-Fier
Ok...

So, I started with crappy headphones back in the day... Ended up buying iGrado, Sen PX100, Shure e1c (Sold them, would not fit), Marshmallow, then just recently, JVC HA-JVC HA-FX66.
I really like the IEMs. I never have before and do now. I really don't do anything with the Igrado or Sennheisers. They have their place but, not in my everyday carry.
It makes more sense to use the IEMs. (Mostly on bus or at work, don't want to leak much sound)

I love the bass of the marshmallows but, find them a bit harsh in the midrange. JVC HA-FX66's are good, midrange a little harsh and treble too.
I think the JVC HA-FX66's are a step up from Mallows but, not enough to really keep both. I was hoping for a miracle...
The Ipod doesnt do much for me, EQ-wise. I can't rockbox cause it's a "Classic". I would like to step up to something else.
My ear canals are small, I really can only get the marshmallow tips in there. I could not fit any of the Shure E1c tips in there.
The JVC HA-FX66's work with the marshmallow type tips. Anything bigger is not going to work.

So...

I'm looking for suggestions:

IEMs, NO buds
Marshmallow type tips (or something that will fit), good isolation.
Flatter sound.
Good bass. Don't want to step down (much) from Marshmallows.
I like the sound of the Sen px100 and iGrado.

Any Ideas?

Apr 3, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 10
Yuins are buds, and the OP specifically said no buds.

I'm guessing your budget iis under $100.

My only two suggestions would be the Denon C551 and the Metro.fi 2. Complys will fit the Denon's and I think the Metro's also (complys are foams). The Shure olives should fit also (better then marshmallows). Both of these housings are a little bigger though, but should not pose a problem since it's your canal that is small. Get the Denon!

Denon AH-C551 $65.80

UE Metro.fi 2 $62.99

Apr 3, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 10
nobody loves the CX300
tongue.gif

try reading about Head-Direct RE2 here: techPowerUp :: Head-Direct RE2 Earphones Review :: Page 1 / 5

it's new and it is on sale(group buy) for a limited time!
peope say it's great and it compares to 200$+ IEMs.

Apr 4, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskyoff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody have and love the Sennheiser CX300-B? Do they come with foam tips?

I once loved the CX300's....... until I got a set of ER-4P IEM's. Now I only use the CX300's at work because they don't totally isolate me from the unfortunate sounds (such as customers, pages, and phones) that I have to deal with. The Etys isolate so well for me that I could stand next to a jet engine and it would just sound like a kitten purring.

The CX300's do get somewhat better after 50+ hours of use though.

Apr 4, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #9 of 10
The Denon's seem to have a number of fans here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back