I Wanna Be The Thread
Apr 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Hagios

New Head-Fier
Surprisingly on a game sub-forum, I notice that there aren't any threads devoted to I Wanna Be The Guy/related games.  I tend to be pretty fond of these very technical sorts of games, which are arguably designed to induce tilt as you die a few dozen times; the feeling of getting past a difficult section is pretty unbeatable.  Any other fans of I Wanna Be The - games?

Presently about fifty deaths into I Wanna Be The Boshy; definitely one I'd recommend checking out if you're a fan of such games.

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 5
The "obscenely difficult" type of games you mean. Yes, they're great :)

I think Super Meat Boy falls under that category, Limbo not so much but still a bit.

Is I Wanna Be The Boshy in any way related to I Wanna Be The Guy?

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 5
I Wanna Be the Boshy is a fan game made in the style of IWBTG.  I find it to be substantially harder.

Yeah, SMB is certainly obnoxiously hard, and a heck of a lot of fun.  Arguably, the shmups in the shmup thread also qualify (I do rather enjoy danmaku shooters)

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 5
Substantially harder is reason for concern, as the original game is already hard enough as it is.

While I understand that some shmups could belong to the same category, I find that they have their own genre, even if the games already discussed here have their own genre and cross over the harder side of the genre.

Believe it or not, I've found quite some quality games based on Flash. Some developers actually put the effort to make up for quite good games. Exit Path is one example: http://armorgames.com/play/5917/exit-path

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I Wanna Be the Boshy is a fan game made in the style of IWBTG.  I find it to be substantially harder.

Yeah, SMB is certainly obnoxiously hard, and a heck of a lot of fun.  Arguably, the shmups in the shmup thread also qualify (I do rather enjoy danmaku shooters)

I with you there 100%, I played through some un-released JP Shumps on the DreamCast... they where BEAUTIFUL and merciless xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back