I Used UM2 in the rain, now there's a problem...
May 29, 2007 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

broove

New Head-Fier
CRAP! I taught they are isolated enough, so rain couldn't do any harm, but it did!
I was listening to them while it was raining. After a while I noticed that right earphone was popped out of my ear a little. Right Comply canal tip was completely wet, however everything sounded like it should. Then I get back home, put my UM2's somewhere and forgot about them for a while. After 10 min I remembered that it would be nice to dry right comply tip, but before I checked If sound was ok. Well, it wasnt! The right earphone now sound very very quiet.
Help me guys! What should I do now?

May 29, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 13
Your out $300.

See if you can get a warrenty repair.

May 29, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #5 of 13
Do they use filters like etymotic.

I got the filter on one of my etymotics wet, it had the effect of making the sound very quite. I removed it and left it to dry for a while and it was fine.

Leave it to dry before making any rash decisions.

May 29, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #7 of 13
yeah...I almost had the problem like you...but luckily I alway put siliga gel in my bag so it's not a problem.

May 29, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your out $300.

False. I once happened to use my UM2s when my inner ear canal was still slightly wet after a shower, and the left channel stopped working almost immediately. I was a bit scared, but several hours later it was working again like nothing ever happened. These things aren't that delicate, you know.

May 29, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by egokun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
False. I once happened to use my UM2s when my inner ear canal was still slightly wet after a shower, and the left channel stopped working almost immediately. I was a bit scared, but several hours later it was working again like nothing ever happened. These things aren't that delicate, you know.

That doesn't mean we should throw them around and go swimming with them/ext.

They still require delicate handling or they wont last nearly as long as they could have.

I'm glad everything is ok, I hope in the future it won't happen again.

May 29, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #12 of 13
I almost spit up my drink when I read the title of this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by broove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What should I do now?

Not own a pair of $300 IEMs if you don't know how to use them responsibly.
rolleyes.gif

But it's your money.

May 29, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your out $300.

See if you can get a warrenty repair.

or..you are out $300 now. I advise against the completely unethical post above suggesting a warranty repair service. How is a warranty claim applicable and appropriate for this type of user caused error? This seems to be the same untoward nature that drives these darn phones up to the costs they are, and my advice is be more aware of your surroundings, investments, and of course possessions. Sorry to hear the cans are soggy, did the OP try and disasseble to allow to dry for a day or so? Hopefully this works out, and not with the warranty replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back