I uh, need a new headphone, too!
Mar 16, 2007 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

Fitz

Headphoneus Supremus
I've tried a bunch of AKGs, but since I haven't found "the one" headphone I am still looking for suggestions. I've tried a few, but some AKGs are harder to find than others, so I know I'm not done yet. I especially like the K240, K240DF, K401, K501, K270S, and K340, but sometimes I get tired of listening to the same headphones all the time since none of them are "the one".

I have a few criteria that must be met for any other phones I'm willing to try: (1) it has to be AKG, (2) it has to cost less than $2000, (3) it has to sound good to my ears

They are not in my sig but I have also tried the K701 and K1000, and they don't meet all of my criteria so please do not suggest them. Any other suggestions are very welcome! I know there are still a lot of AKGs I have not heard yet.

Thanks in advance.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 48
Fitz, we don't have your ears :-/ What sounds good to your ears? Plus I'd imagine thats pretty much the entire worthwhile AKG line right there >.<

Mar 16, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fitz, we don't have your ears :-/ What sounds good to your ears? And why don't you have a k340?

Did something happen to my K340?
blink.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #4 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did something happen to my K340?
blink.gif

No I just did not find it on the line of green quite right away, numbers started getting blurry pretty fast ^,^ It was K# K# K# K# K# K(insert brain meltdown here).

Although can't hurt to go and check.

Do you accept Beyers with artifical AKG logos on em? xD

Mar 16, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #5 of 48
Quote:

No I just did not find it on the line of green quite right away, numbers started getting blurry pretty fast ^,^ It was K# K# K# K# K# K(insert brain meltdown here).

Although can't hurt to go and check.

Maybe I should remove the K's?

I'll go check to make sure my K340 is ok.

Mar 16, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I should remove the K's?

Then it would look like a credit card number. And I would prolly try to buy something with it too.

Mar 16, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #10 of 48
Thats some very cold looking music, that does look like k340 type of music.

Mar 16, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #11 of 48
I'm sorry, did you just say you wanted MORE AKGs? Wait, let me re-phrase that. You want suggestions on AKGs you haven't tried or don't currently own?

Mar 16, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #12 of 48
Quote:

Thats some very cold looking music, that does look like k340 type of music.

Yes, the K240 music is more orange, which is why I listen to them more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry, did you just say you wanted MORE AKGs? Wait, let me re-phrase that. You want suggestions on AKGs you haven't tried or don't currently own?

Yes. I want to know which are more important to find than others, so I can try the better ones first.

Mar 16, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #15 of 48
Are you sure there even exists an AKG phone you haven't tried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back