I took my dad's Grados to school...
Nov 15, 2001 at 3:17 AM Post #16 of 21
Actually, I'm impressed with your appreciation for good headphone sound. I'm just getting started myself - I don't think my daughts appeciate my 'phones yet.

If my kids asked me, I would probably say yes, but I'd still opt for sedation.
smily_headphones1.gif

Walt

Nov 15, 2001 at 3:32 AM Post #18 of 21
Well... Both my parents are decidedly *not* audiophiles (although my dad insisted on getting a good amp when our old one broke after ~30 years of working [although we've gotten it repaired and it's now in our condo], hence the McIntosh...) although my dad does understand my headphone interest after he was at the Portland meet-he spent ~1/2 hr comparing all the high end cans...

Nov 15, 2001 at 12:05 PM Post #20 of 21
I don't get weird looks anymore since I stopped using the Koss Sportapros and got Sony EX70's. I let one of my friends try them out and he couldn't believe how good they sounded. We were in the library and he just barely whisper "I Can't hear any of you!":)
He said I have to get some of these and then the bad part comes when they ask how much, I'm like <Cought, Cough$80Cough, Cough>. Then they look down on me and say how I'm wasting a lot of money, then I tell them about the extended warranty for 4 years so these earphones will last me for at least 4 years guaranteed.

Nov 17, 2001 at 6:44 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by HD-5000
Heh, once I saw wearing my sennheisers on the bus, when some kid said,"you look gay, those things suck" Yup, and he was wearing one of those "street style" around the neck headphones.

EDIT
Why cant good sounding headphones look cool?

When I wear my Sennheisers at school everyone calls me "Air Traffic controller", and yeah those people that say "You look gay", wearing their ghetto cans. One day when I had my cans with me my friend tried them out, he was like "Whoa", and bought a pair, now there are two air traffic controllers running around the school, but I am seeing more and more 20 dollar koss kids,
frown.gif
, anyway, I have my ex-70s now and I want to get some Beyer 250-80s or V6's soon. Then well see whose headphones hit the hardest ......
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back