I thought I was getting a Zune, but Santa brought me a Scooba
Jan 2, 2007 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

audiomagnate

1000+ Head-Fier
I've got drawers full of portable music players, but I really had my heart set on a Zune after I read that thread on its square wave response. I dropped all the right hints, tested it out at Target, and started rippping my CDs but no, I got a Scooba, a robotic floor scrubber. I had even noticed the right amount of cash dropping out of my wife's checking account days before Christmas. The good part is that I can't hear it wirring away when I pop in my UM2/UM56s, and my floors are cleaner, but not my low end response. Such is married life.

Jan 2, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #2 of 43
Haha...She got a gift that in essence helps her out.
biggrin.gif

You have a smart wife.

Jan 2, 2007 at 9:48 AM Post #8 of 43
Why don't you post your Scooba in the portable rig pictures thread
biggrin.gif
?

Jan 2, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #12 of 43
I get the feeling that a Patrick quote is in order, but I can't think of one to suit the occasion. Time to dig through the "famous quotes by Partrick82" thread
wink.gif

Jan 2, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #13 of 43
Gah! I know the feeling!! I learned my lesson after going through father's day and a bday last year! I was pretty blatant about an iPod... but somehow I managed to get a Coby mp3 player! and a 256M one at that!!!!! Soooooooo NOW I just buy whatever the @#$#$ I wanna buy and when I do get a "gift" (cuz it is the thought that counts.. I say thank you with a smile
biggrin.gif
and the knowledge that my amp, or headphone or whatever is on the way!!)...

It worked out lovely this xmas!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back