I think that my K701 had broken down...
Jun 14, 2010 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rayz

100+ Head-Fier
Hay...
I'll try to be specific as far as I can.
I'm using K701 by Xonar Essence amp.

After some amp problems (or as I tought) like hoarse bass\mid or sometimes some details that was just gone,
A while ago I was going to listen to my K701 as I used to do, in all of sudden I noticed to different sound as I knew- not real, fake, full of distoration, like I was connect my K701 to any old ipod with aweful sound card. At first I started check every configuration (Amp gain, Hi-Fi mode, etc') but everything was right.

In order to check any sound card problem I tried to reset my computer, connecting another molex connector to the card, to place it again on the PCI-E slot, but nothing was helped this ways.
I tried to connect my sound card with my K701 in another computer- the results was just similar.

Today I tried to connected my In-ear phones (AKG K324P) into the card amp slot by adapter- and the sound is just fine and amazing how it has to be. what says that my STX is okay.

Did my K701 has broken down? :\

Jun 15, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 5
Continue to play music through them for the next several days and see if anything improves.  Sometimes, in the process of use/burn-in headphones might suddenly sound different or broken, and then seem to fix themselves after a short while.

Jun 15, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 5
Try a DAP with an amp and see if you get the same problem.

Jun 15, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #5 of 5
ktsai, thanks, I'll try it out...

Mochan, thank you too, but I don't think I have any dac\amp to try with. \:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back