I think my journey came to an end
Sep 19, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by pianomav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you sure that's the end of your journey ?
600smile.gif

No, I am just (almost) sure that this is the end of my journey for headphones.

I know that I will most certainly upgrade (or change) my amp or my source one day. I already had some messages sent to Justin for a KGSS...
lambda.gif

Hey, you all know how it is... One day you think "good, I am done" and the day after there is this little voice in the back of your head whispering "and what about those K1000... or a CEC TL-51X..."
blink.gif

Sep 19, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Going through each phase was the most fun for me.

Going directly to the Omega II would have save me a lot of money... I have lost a few bucks (sometimes more than other) on each deal. You have to pay for shipping for the produt to come, you want to sell fast so you lower your price, paypal eat a part of your money and before you know it you have lost some $$$.

Would I have gone directly to the Omega II ? Well, most certainly not since I wasn't ready to launch that kind of money a few months ago. But I think that my advice for a new comer would be to try to go directly to the best he can afford.

Sep 19, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #19 of 29
Congrats my friend! Well from all the red i have done i am pretty sure the OII is in the top 3 headphones system ever. So i understand your feeling about it. I have chosen the long road to glory by trying about all the big name headphone in the 300$< and i think that my HD650 will be with me a long time. But if one day i listen to an electrostatic setup and fall in love i might do a big move like you did! Then i would be all set, but then again i think that what's fun about audio is trying different setup while evolving to your perfect sound, i don't think i could take this much of a leap.

Sep 19, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #20 of 29
Nice journey you have had in the last six months.
Also great to see that you have landed on the best (imo) headphone in current production. The SR-007 rock my world as well.

Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #21 of 29
Im sure you will love the Stax when you get them i've always had a pair in my collection. Stats are just the tops for me in overall sound quality. However there are situations where there not very practical such as on the road.
I spend a lot of time away from home so need someting I can use with a protable DAC/Amp and laptop. I've recently got a pair of Grado GS1000 and a Corda portable DAC/Amp and am really enjoying them. They are particularly good at low volume levels and dont have the usual in your face Grado sound.
One thing you should not forget on your journey is the source. Its fine evaluating different phones and amps but if the input is poor then it compromises the whole setup. As they say garbage in, garbage out.
Good luck on the rest of your journey

Sep 20, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #22 of 29
Enjoy the Stax!

Here is a good review from Stereophile

http://www.stereophile.com/accessoryreviews/895/

They are a little to spendy for me because they would cut into my Stereo budget. At their price I could bring home a pair of B&W 803D.

Sep 20, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #23 of 29
Congrats on the phones

Enjoy...

I personally would have gotten a cheaper set of headphones or two and a set of great speakers so other people could enjoy the quality but whatever works for you

Sep 20, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #24 of 29
I have the CEC3300 and love it. Hope you enjoy yours!

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicallySilent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally would have gotten a cheaper set of headphones or two and a set of great speakers so other people could enjoy the quality but whatever works for you

Nothing incompatible there. My next step will be some nice speakers. As I said, my journey came to an end for headphones... but for headphones only!! I still need speakers, amp, preamp...

Sep 22, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is SR-007 up there with the best of dynamic headphones ?

It sure is!
From what I have read that is, since I sadly have not heard the top ranked dynamic headphones (R10, Qualia 010, L3000, K1000, HP1000, ...).

Some even rank the SR-007 as #1 ever!
lambda.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the SR-007 pair well with Stax amp ?

I am very pleased with the SR-007 and SRM-007t system.
But the SR-007 are said to scale very well with more powerful amplification, so it might be worth looking into alternatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back