I think my EMU is dead :(
Jun 19, 2004 at 1:33 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeeyy
Guys, leave him alone.

But, fewtch, I personally don't call that poor early driver. It is more on hardware compatibility issue.

Remember, not everyone having the same problem as him.

Indeed, my E-MU has been working flawlessly.

I myself had problems getting sound out of my E-MU at the beginning a couple times. Things are good to go now though.

Did you know there's a patch for PatchMix? On the E-MU website they have version 1.2 or some such. Perhaps it fixes bugs like what you encountered? I think it makes sense that suddenly losing sound would be some type or another of bug, regardless of what you did inside yoru case. The only physical jarring I can see stopping sound output is bumping the IDE cable connecting the two cards, but since a reinstall of software drivers fixed it, that's obviously not the culprit. So yeah, having the newest versions of drivers is a really good idea.
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2004 at 1:19 PM Post #18 of 24
1. Double check your physical connections from the 0202 to the 1010
card.

2. Make sure you are fully updated- we have several driver updates on
the web at emu.com.

3. Try toggling the clock settings- In PatchMix DSP click on the Session
Settings button on the top row of buttons above the TV screen, then
toggle the internal/ external session settings- be sure to leave on
internal.

Also do you see and hear audio on the WAVE L/R strip when playing a
Windows Media Player?

whoa, not too shabby considering i emailed them on the 18th
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2004 at 4:07 PM Post #19 of 24
Fewtch, it's worth a try. To me the AP24/96 and it's like are about the same as a $600-1000 CDP. Very nice sound, but some clearly audible areas needing improvement if you've heard the higher end stuff. After the meet, I can confidently say that my modded EMU is at least as better than a Meridian 508.24 and in the neighborhood of the 588. That is a $4000 CDP. The mods help a lot, but even the stock EMU should be around a $2000-$2500 CDP.

Jun 22, 2004 at 4:49 PM Post #20 of 24
Fewtch, had I the money to spare I would send one to you, sadly however, I'm tapped out right now as I'm helping start a business and working for very near to free.
eek.gif

Jun 23, 2004 at 4:50 PM Post #21 of 24
iron_dreamer, ever thought about modding the EMUs for those of us technically challenged folks with no soldering skills? (at a cost, of course..) my emu sounds great as is now, but you know what they say - you never know what ya missing
biggrin.gif
if the opportunity presents itself, please let me the first one to send the card your way...

Jun 27, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikoLayer
iron_dreamer, ever thought about modding the EMUs for those of us technically challenged folks with no soldering skills? (at a cost, of course..)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
MikoLayer, YPGM
biggrin.gif

Oh, goodie, another one!
3000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back