I think my 860's down the drain...
Aug 15, 2001 at 4:33 AM Post #31 of 38
Holy crap lini! You'd do that!?

I feel bad......really bad. I just ordered 495s, and am broke....I guess Neruda's gonna get it first, after all. By the time he bounces back, I'll prolly still be broke.

I'll get back to you......but things don't look good for me.....
frown.gif

Aug 15, 2001 at 5:36 AM Post #32 of 38
just forget it....unless you can ship it around NOVEMBER (i know...), there's know way I can get it.....damn.....I feel....bad......just like when I missed a Denon 370 for around $29!.....damn....august has been unkind to me......

Aug 15, 2001 at 11:28 AM Post #34 of 38
redwood: I'll hopefully arrive in SF on Saturday, the 25th of August, and directly head to San Jose (for IDF). I'll be back in SF five or six days later and stay there for four weeks until Sunday, the 30th of September, when I'll go back home.

coolvij: Well, I guess I'll bring over one unit, anyway, so I have something to listen to. I could leave it with Daniel Wolff (where I'll stay in SF) , then, who could and would probably send it to you later on. Or we try to find out how expensive direct shipping from over here would be, so I could send it to you, whenever you raised the funds.
smily_headphones1.gif
And don't worry: If you find a better solution for yourself in the meantime, I wouldn't be disappointed. So just look what's best for you and your situation, because I'm sure the pcdp will find some use for somebody else or even myself sooner or later, anyway - and even if not, it's nice to have two spare units.
wink.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Aug 15, 2001 at 11:41 AM Post #35 of 38
coolvij: <hits himself on the head> Silly me, as I already decided to trust you, anyway - what about that: I'll bring my first unit, carefully use it for myself while I'm in San Jose and SF, then send it to you from there, and you'll just send me the money later on (maybe you can transfer it to Daniel by electronic banking sometime, if he agrees - that would probably be the most convenient way with minimum bank charges...). And if we ever meet personally one day, you'd owe me an additional favour in form of a steak & accessories. Does that sound good & fair to you?

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Oh, hell, the thought just reminded me that I'm hungry...
wink.gif

Aug 15, 2001 at 3:58 PM Post #36 of 38
Hmmm.....bank transfer...hmmm......gotta ask my dad. No way in hell my mom will agree......but there's a chance with my pops.

Oh yeah - worst comes to worst, is cash unacceptable? I mean, you could go to a currency exchange, and maybe I would overpay a few bucks to safeguard against small changes against the dollar.

I dunno.....if you send to me without getting payment.....ya, I'd owe ya.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 15, 2001 at 4:47 PM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

if you send to me without getting payment.....ya, I'd owe ya

...and very literally so...
biggrin.gif

lini: you seem to overestimate the technical progress of consumer banking in North America. Wire transfers are like voodoo here.
Even last year, several billion personal cheques were used...
...while in Europe you can't even use eurocheques any more (or at least that's what I've heard)

Talking about progress.... ts...
wink.gif

Bye

Redwoood

Aug 15, 2001 at 8:27 PM Post #38 of 38
coolvij, Redwood: Oh, I see. Actually, I thought electronic banking would be easier - and safer, too, as money or a cheque could get lost in the mail. But if that's not so, we probably have to find another way.

And btw, you can still use Eurocheques over here, but usually it's easier to just use the Eurocheque card on the terminals in the shops - that's what I do, when I don't pay with cash. Or I use my visa credit card, especially at gas stations - and then I also have a master card, which I usually use for web orders or when I'm outside of Germany...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back