I think I'm going to do it... ATH-A1000's...
Nov 28, 2002 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pikawel

500+ Head-Fier
This will be my first new pair of headphones. I bought millerdog's ATH-A9X's and I thought they were just awesome. Well, thinking that ATH-W100's were the next step up, I bought them. They're really in a class of their own and while they sound great on a lot of my warmer albums... mostly acoustic stuff, they're just not... hmm... they're not getting me off, heh.

SO, I figure it's... ATH-A9X, ATH-A100ti, ATH-A1000 and I also figure that it's time to find out. At any rate, until I hear something else badass, I'm proud to be an Audio-Technica man!!!

Nov 28, 2002 at 6:39 AM Post #2 of 6
Pikawel, the Audio-Technicias are the one brand of headphone I have never heard, how do they compare to grados? Maybe I can talk you into trying a pair of those jvcs and you can give me a comparison.
wink.gif

Nov 28, 2002 at 8:30 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by sacd lover
Pikawel, the Audio-Technicias are the one brand of headphone I have never heard, how do they compare to grados? Maybe I can talk you into trying a pair of those jvcs and you can give me a comparison.
wink.gif

i think they're supposed to have the "live" feel of Grados..with a smoother/less harsh treble..never actually a/b-ed them of course
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2002 at 9:22 AM Post #4 of 6
Yeah, Audio-Technicas... I had a pair of Grado SR-80's and upgraded to a pair of ATH-A9X's and they were an AMAZING upgrade. I'm an Audio-Technica man now.

Nov 28, 2002 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 6
Before getting my rs-1's, I asked one member here who had the w100's and the rs-1's what he liked better. He said he used the w100's for portable since they are closed and the grados at home because they like to rock and noting that the rs-1's had more bass slam and a sweeter midrange.

Biggie.

Nov 28, 2002 at 9:10 PM Post #6 of 6
Gwa ha ha ha! Down with oddly-shaped scrunchy sounding American rubbish!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I was so glad when I sold my SR325 with the RA-1. It was possibly the biggest waste of money in my headphone buying experience.
Regarding the W100/RS-1 comparison, the RS-1 is about £700 in the UK, and I got the W100 for less than £200. The RS-1s would have to be pretty stunning for me to be impressed by them.
Is it my imgination or have I done a bit for Audio-Technica mania on this board?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back