I think I'm done buying headphones...
Feb 8, 2006 at 5:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

GuOD

100+ Head-Fier
I joined head-fi not so long ago.. and first really got into headphones.

I started with the HD-590 and Pa2v2.. they were so amazing! I loved them but I had to try the Dt-770s after hearing about their bass! So those were my next purchase. I loved both these cans a lot but realised I needed some IEMS for bus travelling. I purchased the SF5P and after using the large tips.. WOW they're PERFECT! All my headphones sound amazing to me and are perfectly comfortable! (very important) The amp has a ton of battery life and it's really portable if I ever want to move it!

I honestly don't think any other upgrade/piece could make me happier than I am now! So, I don't think I will ever upgrade again! I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone here for helping me make decisions and making me super happy!!
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Also, I've really started to appreciate my music more! I used to have major bass boost on mp3 player/computer but now I am always listening to a flat EQ! as soon as I crank up the bass boost I notice distortion and can't tolerate it! I still think most people here are far more sensitive to bass than me (and call certain 'phones bassy when I wouldn't really consider them to be) but it's all good!

Thanks everyone.
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 6:24 AM Post #2 of 20
yeah right!
I held out for the longest about 2 years...came right back and spent another 1k
frown.gif

good luck ....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 6:31 AM Post #3 of 20
Run away and don't come back. You have sound quality that beats 99% of what people have.

Feb 8, 2006 at 1:38 PM Post #6 of 20
A personal challenge. I seem to be happy with my current phones. I don't have any plans to purchase more headphones until something I own breaks. I wonder who will buy first?
eggosmile.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 1:43 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuOD
Also, I've really started to appreciate my music more! I used to have major bass boost on mp3 player/computer but now I am always listening to a flat EQ! as soon as I crank up the bass boost I notice distortion and can't tolerate it! I still think most people here are far more sensitive to bass than me (and call certain 'phones bassy when I wouldn't really consider them to be) but it's all good!

I doubt it... there are a LOT of bassheads around here. I'm one of the few "bass-averse" people, so I notice that most people like bass in greater quantities than I do.

Headphones that are essentially bass-neutral (neither too much nor too little), particularly in mid-bass, tend to be vilified around these parts as "lean" or "thin" and accused of lacking bass!

Feb 8, 2006 at 1:54 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
I doubt it... there are a LOT of bassheads around here. I'm one of the few "bass-averse" people, so I notice that most people like bass in greater quantities than I do.

Headphones that are essentially bass-neutral (neither too much nor too little), particularly in mid-bass, tend to be vilified around these parts as "lean" or "thin" and accused of lacking bass!

Gee... so how much in context should I translate your definition of the AKG 501 having very little bass?
wink.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 2:14 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
Gee... so how much in context should I translate your definition of the AKG 501 having very little bass?
wink.gif

LOL... the K501 is admittedly on the lean side. Just because I prefer a neutral (or even less than neutral) amount of bass doesn't mean that I would say a headphone has "lots of bass" when it really doesn't.

Feb 8, 2006 at 2:18 PM Post #11 of 20
You can't go yet! You have to.... to... update your source! Get a better amp! Recable something, anything! Agh!

What's that rustling noise...? Where's my...

Damn it, my wallet is mailing itself to you!

Feb 8, 2006 at 2:25 PM Post #12 of 20
Yeah sure...

Look at this thread I made on last summer. I really thought my journey with headphones had been completed and look at my rig (and all the gear I've owned) now. It was just the beginning.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #13 of 20
There is never an end, the journey always continues. I predict that 2 years from now we will see you reborn 2,000 poorer and a HD650, Benchmark, and GS-1 richer

Feb 8, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #15 of 20
I will definitely be staying around on this site. I love reading about the newest FOTM etc
smily_headphones1.gif
And hopefully I can now give advice to people!

I used to be a speaker lover.. but I can't play music in my university house (live w/ strangers) so my z5500s stay pretty silent most of the day. In a few years, when I have my own house I plan to get some nice speakers!

I don't plan to ever upgrade to 650s because of the comfort issues. I have a small head so I doubt they will clamp as much as some people, but the 590s are just TOO comfortable.. I can never give them up as my fav phone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back