I think I want IEMS... super.fi 5 pros?
Jan 25, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam_Master_J
+1. I ordered from them and was very happy with them as a company. They were very willing to negotiate a fair price($190 US shipped to Canada) and respond to e-mails quickly.

Wow. From $299.99 retail to $190USd including shipping to Canada?

What would be a fair price for the black super.fi 5pros then? I don't want to get ripped off.

Jan 25, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuOD
well I was just at the gym tonight.. and I realised I might want IEMs instead of px100s.. but i don't want to spend a fortune. I get all sweaty etc and I'm sure they'll get ruined. Any ideas what I should pick up with my super.f5p if i get them?

preferablly cheap..but sound at least as good as the ex51s. also need a long regular lenght cord. again i like bass for working out
basshead.gif
(1.4m I believe?)

From reading all that you said and having these headphones for awhile before giving these to my mom. I think that is you best choice. If you have $500 and want to wait until after May, and hope they come out on time. Then do that. I think E500 are going to be great.

But being realistic and wanting something now, I think the UE.pro5's are the best choice. I don't like the e4s unamped, not enough bass. So I look around for the best price for the UE pro.5's and get them. When I got then before Christmas the price was alittle over $200s. Happy Hunting.

-Chris

Jan 25, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #19 of 20
I think you will love the sf's. My sonic preferences and music taste seems very similar to yours. I have been using the sf5pro's for a little less than a year now, and I love them. They sound *slightly* better when amped, depending on your source--out of my G4 iPod, amped through the line out is definitely the way to go. But on my iRiver H120, they sound really great unamped directly from the headphone jack. They have a very pleasing (to me, anyway), warm sound signature and are very easy to listen to for extended periods. Before purchasing the sf's, I always had to fiddle with EQ to get the balance just right for my tastes, but I have been enjoying EQ-free music ever since purchasing the sf's. If they have a weak point soncially, I would have to say it's on the upper end of the frequency range. To me, they seem to lose a little detail at that end, but from my non-technical perspective, I'm not convinced that it's roll-off, per se, but rather what's there is hidden just a bit by it's slightly leftward leaning on the frequency scale. But despite this, these little things give a surprisingly competent and ever-so-satisfying listen. When you factor in their street price of roughly $200, I really think they're a bargain.

That said, I just placed my order for some new custom-fit Sensa 2X-s's. But that doesn't mean I'm in any way displeased with my sf's. Rather, I just felt I was ready to climb the IEM ladder "just a little bit."
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #20 of 20
I should also mention that the sf's are a bit delicate IMO. The drivers and the housing in which they are contained seem robust enough, but the cable is very thin. In fact, I had to order a replacement cable the other day because the connection on the right side is going bad. The sound from the right monitor kinda goes in and out--I have to lightly wiggle the cable near the connector to make it stabilize. But if the cable subsequently gets tugged or moved in a certain way, it loses connection again. It just started happening about a month ago, ironically right after I started using them with my new G5 iPod. But I really don't think this particular problem is related to the potential G5 problem reported here. Instead, I simply think that my cord has been lightly damaged over the 9 months or so that I have owned the sf's, despite the fact that I have been fairly careful with them. I never pull them out of my ears by the cord. I usually (but not always) store them safely in their case. My opinion is that the cord is thin and not the most durable. If you're going to use them everyday, I would almost count on having to purchase a replacement cord at some point. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back