I think I might have blown/messed up my headphones
Mar 22, 2014 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Aethyrvorous

New Head-Fier
BUT Im not sure. I have Denon AH 1100s, and I have cranked up the bass and other things in an equalizer. The first EQ was the Denon app, but it started clicking non stop throughout every song, now I have the Smart Android EQ. Whe the sound hasnt changed much, Ive noticed some static/clicking throughout some of my song (especially at high frequency moments). If I crank the low frequency and bass up and minimize all the other I can hear random quiet clicks throughout songs with about 3/4ths max volume. I also think the bass and volume has dropped a lot since when I first got these. Anyone know if my headphones are actually messed up or not? 

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 6
It may be noteworthy that it only crackles during specific parts of a song that I have. It does this regardless of volume and only on the version that I have downloaded. Youtube versions do not crackle, though I would really base my judgement off Youtube quality. Could this be a wiring issue?

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 6
  It may be noteworthy that it only crackles during specific parts of a song that I have. It does this regardless of volume and only on the version that I have downloaded. Youtube versions do not crackle, though I would really base my judgement off Youtube quality. Could this be a wiring issue?

Youtube HD uses 192kbps  AAC format it's not FLAC but it's not 128 mp3 either.

You have a warranty?

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #4 of 6
sounds like an issue with the files, if it's the exact same noise at the exact same time every time and changes with the volume of the device then it is definitely the files

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 6
  sounds like an issue with the files, if it's the exact same noise at the exact same time every time and changes with the volume of the device then it is definitely the files

This issue occurs on my ipod. I have deleted an redownloaded the song but it doidnt change anything. The EQ is on my android and I think the crackling happens on every song when I have max bass. It doesnt surprise me that a max bass EQ could do damage, especially on a phone amp.
 You have a warranty?

Im not sure about warranties because I got this from a seller on Ebay from the UK. It was unopened and essentially in new condition but I dont know if the dealer is authorized by Denon since I have to know their address to check. That said I think I still have the box and some of the papers at my dad's house so I will read those when I go over there.

Mar 23, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #6 of 6
  This issue occurs on my ipod. I have deleted an redownloaded the song but it doidnt change anything. The EQ is on my android and I think the crackling happens on every song when I have max bass. It doesnt surprise me that a max bass EQ could do damage, especially on a phone amp.
Im not sure about warranties because I got this from a seller on Ebay from the UK. It was unopened and essentially in new condition but I dont know if the dealer is authorized by Denon since I have to know their address to check. That said I think I still have the box and some of the papers at my dad's house so I will read those when I go over there.

My semi hobby is pressing drivers to distortion. I distorted the ones you have but it was a flutter. The driver is microfiber. Does it sound like crumpling/popping plastic or signal interruption?  If it was a Mylar or Mylar coated driver I'd say it has a micro separation  being a micro gap between the layers causing a very unwanted second signal. Is this without an amp? If so then it's a defective set. No way a pmp should damage a driver. No way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back