I think I like marshmallows better than sr80, Where should I go next?
Apr 11, 2007 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

no1likesme

1000+ Head-Fier
I have had my marshmallows for a few days and I am finding that I like the sound signature of them better than my sr80's or ksc75's
eek.gif
These are making my grado's sound overly bright now (i never noticed this before the marshmallows)

Are my ears broken?

when i buy a new full sized can soon where should I look?
senn hd600?
beyer 880 990 or 770?

I am so confused.

Apr 11, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #2 of 9
Yeah they'll do that to your ears.... they'll pollute your ears with flab-o-bass and your once head-fi ears will de-tune and degrade to sub-standard consumer-fi
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I found my ears doing the same thing
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
, Although I never found my other cans bright or harsh. It was more, that I was missing everything above 2000Hz with the FX33. At first I thought they were fun and groovy, but after a while... yuk, theres just too much missing. Hence I had to mod them to free up the highs. Modded I find the FX33 a very serviceable portable for the $$$.

Apr 11, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #3 of 9
I bought them in HK 2 weeks ago and put them on. I didn't insert them in enough so I was like.. these are crap. Later on I tried them properly inserted. I was like HOLY crap... are these only 188HKD? ($25 aprox)

Anyways, the tips suck.. I heard about shure tips but didn't know which one fits, etc. Help Kramer?

Apr 11, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah they'll do that to your ears.... they'll pollute your ears with flab-o-bass and your once head-fi ears will de-tune and degrade to sub-standard consumer-fi
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I found my ears doing the same thing
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
, Although I never found my other cans bright or harsh. It was more, that I was missing everything above 2000Hz with the FX33. At first I thought they were fun and groovy, but after a while... yuk, theres just too much missing. Hence I had to mod them to free up the highs. Modded I find the FX33 a very serviceable portable for the $$$.

Hmm... It probably is just the newness and that I was listening to mostly bass guitar (Victor Wooten) so I didn't notice the lack of highs.

Apr 11, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 9
The DT990 or DT770 might be your cup of tea. They both have exaggerated bass response which should give some oomph if detail is a secondary concern. The HD600 might be a little laid back for that kind of music.

Apr 11, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #7 of 9
I just put my zune on some tool and the complete lack of highs just became glaringly obvious. I just had to apologise to my grado's for ignoring them for the last few days.

Apr 11, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nenso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought them in HK 2 weeks ago and put them on. I didn't insert them in enough so I was like.. these are crap. Later on I tried them properly inserted. I was like HOLY crap... are these only 188HKD? ($25 aprox)

Anyways, the tips suck.. I heard about shure tips but didn't know which one fits, etc. Help Kramer?

The Shure E2c tips are the only ones that fit the marshmallows, all the rest of the shure models' tips (which are all the same) have too small of tubing to fit over the post of the 'mallows.

Apr 11, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had my marshmallows for a few days and I am finding that I like the sound signature of them better than my sr80's or ksc75's
eek.gif
These are making my grado's sound overly bright now (i never noticed this before the marshmallows)

Are my ears broken?

when i buy a new full sized can soon where should I look?
senn hd600?
beyer 880 990 or 770?

I am so confused.

you might want to try the Vsonic VS-R02s if you still want to stay in the cheap IEM area. Theyre much much better then the marshmallows. When you put them on after hearing marshmallows, its like a huge thick veil was lifted and much much more detail comes through. I put them at almost er6i level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back