I think I know why my Ety's are so bright
Apr 30, 2005 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SptsNaz

1000+ Head-Fier
Well, after consistant listening and ear fatigue, I think I finally realized why my ety's are so damn bright: I might have the ER-4B version. I was searching around the forum and someone stated a while ago that the Binaural version had the black "pod", which I then confirmed mine also had.

I find that very odd, because I bought them used from a very reputable member, AND the box clearly says ER-4S. They're still amazing with classical music, but with most everything else they are too bright for my sensitive ears. So are these really the "b" version? I can swear last time I owned the ety's they weren't this bright
blink.gif

Apr 30, 2005 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfire
hello,

You do indeed probably have an er4-s as I have one as well with the black pod that I bought back in 2001.

Really? I guess thats good to know, maybe I'm just not yet used to sound. Is the cable braided?

May 1, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #7 of 8
By "pod" do you mean the thing where the left and right wires come together. Black = 4S, Green = 4P?

Is this the code?

May 1, 2005 at 3:41 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by donaldekelly
By "pod" do you mean the thing where the left and right wires come together. Black = 4S, Green = 4P?

Is this the code?

Yeh, that thing. From what I've gathered here, gray = "S", green = "P" and black = "B". I've never seen a black "S" before though, that's why I brought up the question. I guess it's a mystery that will haunt me
blink.gif

... maybe not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back