I think I hate headphones now.
Mar 15, 2013 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Roers

New Head-Fier
In order to understand this title I would have to explain my story....

My girlfriend(for our anniversary) bought me a Fiio E-17 on last September. It was all fun in the sun and I enjoyed it with my D5000's. I felt like I was starting to really get into headphones and actually cared about how things actually sounded. Then, all of a sudden the Auxiliary port just stopped working. I could have fixed it myself but breaking in October I didn't want to deal with it. So I sent it back to J&R and they sent me another one. Except. It was dead on arrival. So I then contacted J&R again and they just emailed me a number to call(not even something official just a number). I called the number a good amount of times and no one ever answered. So then I contacted Fiio and they sent me to the manufacture. The manufacture agreed to fix it and they did. So then finally came the part of the amp getting sent back. At my college where my girlfriend I go to I sent it to my girlfriends mailbox and thought everything would be okay. But instead, since my name was on the package they sent the package back to sender(back in January!). They can't send me another unless they have the other.(which is understandable) And eventually my college's postal service has sent the information of them sending it back to the manufacture about a good week and half ago. The manufacture hasn't emailed me and now I'm a bit frustrated with the whole ordeal with hatred towards anything head-fi related. Any wise words?

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 2
Ah the troubles of customer service. Don't worry, doesn't only happen in audio. Happens in a multitude of things when it comes to electronics. I've heard nightmares of bait-and-sandwich (saying that they have something in stock, but don't and instead "offer" to give you the credit equivalent to what you payed for the supposed item). But in terms of returning, I guess it'd be Koss and their ESP/950.

Assuming you still haven't gotten your e17 back, the CEO (I think) of the company is on head-fi in the fiio threads. You can possibly message him about your problem. 

So it was under your name, but you used your girlfriend's mailbox. I'd think that it'd be fine as long as they have the specific mailbox number/address to send it to. But mistakes happen occasionally 

But not all companies are like that with the whole losing your thing kinda thing. Just think of it this way for anything (race, gender, any kind of company, food (i.e American food... we both know how varied that can be), etc.): just because one is bad, doesn't mean that the rest are bad. There will be good and bad of everything. In the case of companies and their customer service, some better than others.

I guess you could say it's relatable to me and korean/"taiwanese" people in general. I was/am bullied/bothered by both respectively. For the korean part, I was bullied when I was a kid. Didn't leave a good impression on me. 2 of them. But 1 eventually became my friend, and I'd later make a bunch of korean friends. As for the taiwanese who are just chinese (just like saying I'm a quebecois, not a canadian; yes taiwanese people still leave a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth and have grown out of it somewhat),  a few wouldn't stop gossiping and ganging on me. Irony is, is that they're twigs and scrawny people who make fun of others to make themselves feel better. But those were JUST those people. Some Taiwanese people are pretty nice and humble (don't really care about chinese vs w/e). I also have a few friends who are Taiwanese now.

As you can see, a part doesn't always represent the whole.
Hope this has helped! Sorry about your misfortune with the world of head-fi (and specifically the world of amps)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back