I think apple just killed the ipod classic, ugh
Sep 9, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #16 of 78
Sad to see it go. The only high capacity device I'm aware of to integrate with my Civic's audio system. Hopefully my modded 240GB Classic will survive a few more years.

Sep 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #17 of 78
I wonder if the classic will always be with us? Lots of 5.5s around still. I was just reading in another thread how people mod them w an ssd. I've been considering selling mine but it'll be sad when they're no longer available.

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #18 of 78
I think modding options will allow die hard users to keep the classic in service.
There seem to be a lot of aftermarket repair and mod services for apple these days.

I'll miss the seamless integration and syncing with itunes.
As far as I know, non apple devices can't sync with itunes.

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #19 of 78

I thought that maybe the testing going on in the study of a holographic reality might have caused a distortion in time thus erasing the reality of certain Apple products from ever existing in the first place.

I looked and still saw threads on the IPod classic here at head-fi so I figured that we were still OK with it having existed in the past. Seeing it removed from the Apple site was alarming though. Maybe they will go up in value like a fine vintage wine?

Sep 10, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #21 of 78
Rumored to be replaced with the 24 bit-24 carrot Bieber edition coming out soon.

Sep 10, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #23 of 78
If they had just put a 128 flash card in it and improved the amp, it would be one of the best DAPs in the world. 

They are never going to totally get rid of it. It's their identity.

Sep 10, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #24 of 78
Last Apple classic sales surpass new Iphone 6 sales as broken-hearted fans scoop-up last production run.

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/10/where-to-buy-the-last-ipod-classics-as-apple-stops-online-sales/

Sep 10, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #26 of 78
X2.
I'd be happy with an iPod Touch that does 128GB

I own a classic but it's safe to say the form factor of the Touch wins in every way. Once they raise the file playback DAC to something other than 16 bit 48 MHz we will never even remember the clunky classic. It's time to move on.

They will never have external card slots but you know they will offer 3 new big memory choices in the new line. We may even see a new headphone from Apple, with Lightning cable?
http://www.cultofmac.com/136775/incase-sonic-headphones-are-these-the-headphones-apple-never-made-review/

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #29 of 78
Didn't the Apple iPod Classic have a small hard drive in it?

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #30 of 78
I actually don't mind the touchscreen. Besides the Mcintosh player's blue VU meter looks waay cool on the Ipod touch's screen.

I just want more capacity to handle a good sized library of lossless files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back