I tested the CX-300 II but it feels so weird...
May 11, 2011 at 6:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Hard of Hearing

New Head-Fier
In my other thread I explained about my hearing loss and soon after received a PM from someone suggesting I try these. They were cheap enough so I picked them up. I was surprised to have to put them inside the ear which I did. Then I put on some music and noticed two things: The bass is too strong (don't forget that because of my hearing loss I am more sensible to certain things than other people) and voices sound "choked". In fact I think I liked my Apple Earbuds better but maybe I just need to get used to it. The Apple earbuds didn't have much bass and that was the great thing about them, too much bass makes me feel dizzy. Lastly my ears get very very hot when using the Sennheiser. Not sure if this is normal... Maybe I just need to get used to them?

May 11, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #2 of 2
Yeah, the CX300 has a ton of bass.  If you're using an iPod, you should try using the "bass reducer" EQ to help with this, or you could get new IEMs...but no point spending more money if they're not for you.  I'd recommend using the EQ for now.

Also, not sure about your ears getting hot, that's rather odd.  Try using them for about a week or two, if it gets really uncomfortable after that then maybe you should stay away from IEMs and maybe get some higher end earbuds, or just headphones.

Also, do you know what frequencies you hear the least?  You could look around at the frequency response graphs for some headphones and see if any of them are louder in the places you need and quieter in the places you don't.  EQ would be the best for this, but the iPod doesn't have a great EQ, it doesn't let you adjust it at all...though if you have an iPhone/iPod Touch, you can get a nice equalizer app from the app store (EQu or Equalizer).

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back