I take it this guy does not like Rush.
Nov 18, 2002 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Matthew-Spaltro

1000+ M-m-er:Larthenon Marthenon.

1 of 18 people found the following review helpful:

Hollow and Lifeless, March 22, 2002

Without a drop of soul.

Reviewer: rorscach12 (see more about me) from Bradford, PA United States
Fellow musicians may admire their radiant technical abilities but, to most of us, Geddy Lee, Neil Peart and Alex Lifeson, better known as Rush, make a pretty hideous combination. Not only are Mr. Lee's high-pitched vocals capable of startling every canine within a five mile-radiance of his revolting shriek, but his lyrics are some of the most pretentious, ridiculous and overtechnical blather in rock history. In the background, Mr. Peart and Mr. Lifeson meander on, spewing instrumentation that is as clean-cut and precise as one could hope, but does not have a drop of soul. A gratuitous layer of synthesizers completes this smooth, anti-septic product. Even Moving Pictures, their most accessible album (that at least spares listeners the Ayn Rand garbage) is an overglossed, hollow, lifeless creation. I may not know how to tune a guitar by ear or how to use a capo but I think I can tell that Rush is a...band.

rolleyes.gif

Nov 18, 2002 at 6:29 AM Post #5 of 18
The singer's voice is terrible...

Nov 18, 2002 at 9:55 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
The singer's voice is terrible...

yeah, I think a lot of us can at least agree on that
rolleyes.gif

Nov 18, 2002 at 5:21 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
yeah, I think a lot of us can at least agree on that
rolleyes.gif

Hehe, well..its true!
very_evil_smiley.gif

So what, the guy doesn't like Rush.

Nov 18, 2002 at 6:53 PM Post #9 of 18
and thom yorke sings like a canary, or wayne coyne from the flaming lips, so just because he doesn't sound like wayne newton we should all dislike rush, just exactly who should he sound like????

Nov 18, 2002 at 7:06 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
and thom yorke sings like a canary, or wayne coyne from the flaming lips, so just because he doesn't sound like wayne newton we should all dislike rush, just exactly who should he sound like????

Actually, fyrfytrhoges, my comment was "tongue in cheek". I have most all of the Rush catalog and dig 'em big time. However, I think it would be cool for Wayne Newton to do a number or two with them!

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back