I simply need FUN ;D
Mar 12, 2008 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

cappellano

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all!!
Right now I possess a wonderful system that I love a lot (Nad C-542, Rudistor Nx-01 and Proline 750).

I just nees some portable headphone, I already possess a pair of KSC-75 and I love them... i'm thinking about a pair of IGRADO or YUIN PK2.

There's only a pair of prerequisite: they must be FUN, GROVING, I want to twist and headbanging myself as when I had a pair of grado sr-80 with flat pads!!!! I also don't use any amplifier, but only an IPOD..!!

So what do you suggest?? I need only fun eheh ;D (Maybe another pair of sr-80 with flats??)

Mar 12, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 12
I would stick with Grado. I haven't tried the flat pads myself, but I can't fault the bowls on my SR 225. By now I've heard a lot of different headphones plugged into my iPod, and so far nothing comes close to the performance and fun you can get from Grados.

Mar 13, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by cappellano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all!!
Right now I possess a wonderful system that I love a lot (Nad C-542, Rudistor Nx-01 and Proline 750).

I just nees some portable headphone, I already possess a pair of KSC-75 and I love them... i'm thinking about a pair of IGRADO or YUIN PK2.

There's only a pair of prerequisite: they must be FUN, GROVING, I want to twist and headbanging myself as when I had a pair of grado sr-80 with flat pads!!!! I also don't use any amplifier, but only an IPOD..!!

So what do you suggest?? I need only fun eheh ;D (Maybe another pair of sr-80 with flats??)

I wouldn't consider the pk2's really fun sounding. I had them and mostly they where just detailed with not that much bass. The pk3 might be more fun sounding with more bass possibly. The es7's sounded great when I had them as well and a lot of people love them. I found them a little uncomfortable on my small head though.

I think sometimes with me, I enjoy cheaper fun headphones compared to my better ones just because I don't have to worry about messing them up, or blowing them. I like listening to trance and hip-hop semi loud so it's nice to have some cheaper headphones that are inexpensive to replace.

Mar 15, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #11 of 12
I find that after bending the headband like Grado suggested, it is very comfortable, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back