I should be studying or sleeping but...
Mar 7, 2003 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Sweet Spot

1000+ Head-Fier
I came accross this site, and found a CD/MP3 player that's even smaller and better looking than the iRiver iMP series:

Look for the sorel SMP140

This thing looks mega sweet...man I really wished that I lived in Japan sometimes. They get all the good stuff !
frown.gif

And just look at all the other cool portables on that site ..wowzers !

Mar 7, 2003 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 7
Oops. Bad assumption. Thanks for the correction. I might have noticed that if I wasn't so tired.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 7, 2003 at 6:08 AM Post #4 of 7
i think you should study or sleep now.

this site will start breaking you apart , and your wallet too.

get away while you can ...........

Mar 7, 2003 at 6:21 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by screwdriver
i think you should study or sleep now.

this site will start breaking you apart , and your wallet too.

get away while you can ...........

LOL - run far far away. Eliminate all book marks related to audio equipment.

I hope you are studying or sleeping by this point (10:30 PM PST which is 1:30 AM New York time)

Mar 8, 2003 at 4:36 PM Post #6 of 7
biggrin.gif
sorel cdmp3's are available here anywhere (even at places where you want to buy your cheap radios). looks? well they look good on pics but they are actually pretty flimsy when you hold em. kinda went for the "lightest" race for these portables i guess. but the most important is SOUND since we're in head-fi. well, nothing special on that dept. either. i've auditioned almost every cdmp3 here (and, whoa, there are lots) and for my ears, the best sounding cdmp3's are the slim-x and the mojo. the sony one is not bad too. the rest are crap. and the panas cdmp3's are at the bottom of the ladder imho.

pinch of salt.

Mar 8, 2003 at 11:49 PM Post #7 of 7
Lucky, lucky lucky girl ! The closest I can get to a place that may have some interesting stuff is in China Town, but even that's a gamble cause alot of the stuff is grey market or just isn't backed with any warranty.

So the sorel is flimsy hu...Must be similar to the Panasonic that I checked out. Thin as a dime, small as a cd and built like a paper plate...real crapola. I don't care, I'm so very happy with my iMP 350 so far that I couldn't possibly ask for more...well, except for Ogg support.

Oh and guys, it is...to...late, for me. I've been taken by the dark side of the audioforce. I've already mapped out a route for the money that I have yet to earn. I don't carry a wallet, but I probably should becuse of the holes that have been burned in my pockets
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back