i ship out in one week...and i need some earbuds.
Oct 18, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the hell is this?

He linked to a way to make IEM's yourself by using glue.

Doing silicon(e) impressions is dangerous enough.

Is it worth potentially losing your hearing to save $50?

Oct 18, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He put it as a last resort and recommended against it. I didn't say the OP should do it, but you shouldn't be rude because he posted an option.

I was calling the idea dumb, not him. And he SHOULD remove it, IT IS DANGEROUS.

Go see a freaking audiologist and get $50 (usually cheaper) impressions. These people know what they're doing, the good ones went to school and are certified.

Oct 18, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He linked to a way to make IEM's yourself by using glue.

Doing silicon(e) impressions is dangerous enough.

Is it worth potentially losing your hearing to save $50?

There's no mention of glue. Glue? Putty isn't a glue. It's not a liquid, and if one has half a brain, is not more dangerous than inserting foamies into your ear.

Also, your opinion is totally valid. But that doesn't mean I'm going to take it down. The information is readily available, and doesn't violate any forum rules. There's a disclaimer with the post, and on the page. It's up to the individual person. And if someone is inclined to make his/her own iem's in the first place, it's the 3rd result on google.

As I said, I've done it myself, and its obvious in the comments on that page that a lot of people have done it. I didn't use the putty on the page, as it wasn't readily available. I used a $5 tube of loctite marine putty from Lowe's. And if you don't mix it all the way, you get a great blue/white swirl.

That being said, FOLLOW THE LINK AND USE THE AFOREMENTIONED INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Oct 18, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #23 of 26
Hell, I've got an extra set of pk2,s that i'll sell you you for $50.00 usd shipping included, for a good cause. Let me know if you didn't already find something. Only for you.

p.s. I love my Yuins pk2, but I have two pair. No record here, but check Ebay kurt6652 for history. If that don't work for you P.M. me and we"ll talk.

Oct 22, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by duckiedeity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm pretty sure this guy posts at another forum i read so i'll try to get a hold of him

Thank you, I'm curious what his final solution was, and what IEM's will be headed overseas.

Oct 24, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #26 of 26
Hi I have a similar situation, I'm going backpacking for a few months and need some earbuds to replace my V6s that I'm so used to. So quality and durability are still needed, and some nice bass.
The only thing is that not too much selection is available here in Canada. All I could find were the following:

Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket 9mm Earbud Headphones
JBL Reference Earbud Headphones (REF220BKH)
Creative DJ Aurvana Earbud Headphones (31286G)
Bose In-Ear Headphones (42394)
Shure E2C Isolating In-Ear Earphones

Can you guys help me decide on this here?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back