I Seriously Am Confused
Jun 30, 2010 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

SamAmg

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm new to the whole headphone market..

The only headphones I've owned, are the HD228's and they broke in the first 2 months, and I treat my things with care.

I've been searching for headphones, researching, reading reviews, watching youtube reviews for 1 and a half weeks now.

I just honestly cannot decide on a headphone.

So many headphones, so many reviews that completely contradict eachother, my friends telling me whats good and whats not, kids on youtube saying that the headphone I thought was good is terrible ect.

So I'm coming on this site as like a last resort before I just throw my hands up in the air and give up.
I've been referred to this site, the person tells me that this is the greatest and best place to be when looking for headphones or anything headphone related.

Anyway heres what I'm looking for:

-A Portable Can, that I can use at home and on the go
-Not ridiculously chunky and bulky, but not super light and fragile.
-Doesn't break easily, I want to use this headphone more than a year..
-Looks decent or nice, like not hideous.
-Produces good sound quality, and has some decent base (I listen to Techno, Electro House, Electronic, and Trance)
-Doesn't have a ridiculously long cord. If its coiled and stretches long lengths, that isn't an issue.
-Doesn't leak, because I like to use this on public transportation ect.
-Willing to pay between 50 - 85 US Dollars, anything higher is really stretching it.

I would really really really appreciate it if anyone can give me suggestions on headphones based on what I'm looking for.
Thanks alot for taking your time to read my thread.

-SamAmg

Jun 30, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #3 of 10

Quote:
Its somewhat bulky, but the audiotechnica ATH-m50 has a bit of a cult following here, and pretty much meets nearly every requirement you mentioned i think.

The two headphones I've been suggested by mostly throughout my quest of searching for right headphones, have been ATH-M50 and HD280 Pro's.

I really like ATH-M50, but its about 130 Us Dollars on Amazon, thats about 40+ Dollars out of my range unfortunately.. and the HD280 Pro's seem nice and priced at about 90 Us Dollars but I've heard mixed reviews about these. From "These are great headphones, I have no Cons to write about them" to "These headphones are complete trash, I'd rather use an earbud that comes with an Ipod".

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #6 of 10
"I am seriously confused"

That is why you are here.
 No, not become 'un-confused', of course - to revel in it!

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
The two headphones I've been suggested by mostly throughout my quest of searching for right headphones, have been ATH-M50 and HD280 Pro's.

I really like ATH-M50, but its about 130 Us Dollars on Amazon, thats about 40+ Dollars out of my range unfortunately.. and the HD280 Pro's seem nice and priced at about 90 Us Dollars but I've heard mixed reviews about these. From "These are great headphones, I have no Cons to write about them" to "These headphones are complete trash, I'd rather use an earbud that comes with an Ipod".

M50's are $104.99 at geartree.com.  You get to pick straight or coiled cable as well.  I also got 8% cashback using bing.

Jul 1, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
M50's are $104.99 at geartree.com.  You get to pick straight or coiled cable as well.  I also got 8% cashback using bing.

That's a great price, they sell for around $140 BNIB in my country. Thanks for the tip about that site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back