I scored a PS3 today!!!
Dec 10, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #46 of 57
But this post from you wasn't one sided or PS3 vs 360? I have no problem with the PS3, and my post had no "tone". I just find the "free online" side of the PS3 to be a joke. Don't take it so personal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nah, the ps3 is not gonna be a few times better than the 360, that's a given. However, I do believe that it will be better than the 360 anyhow just like you said. I took the ps3 over the xbox for many reasons:

1) the xbox will probably never be able to play isos from hdd
tongue.gif

2) the ps3 will have a higher likelyhood in this regard, so it will save some $$ and trouble in burning stuff to disc in the future.
3) that aside, the PS3 has more game titles that I really cant miss, missing Gears of War is not gonna be a big deal.
4) free online play....that alone is already worth getting for
5) the xbox aint really cheaper than the 36- if u take into account of all the accessories you need to buy to get it up to the ps3 standard.

but anyway, I'm happy with the ps3
biggrin.gif
just not so happy with my crappy TV
mad.gif

btw, has anybody tried ordering from here before?
http://www.noviatajo.com/index.php?cPath=26

the stuff are really cheap, and when I asked them about international shipping...they mailed me back telling me that it's only 25 bucks...with the use of a coupon code.
eek.gif

does this sound legit? i cant imagine someone setting up a website like that wth a coupon system to scam....but people would do anything nowadays...
wink.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #47 of 57
Quote:

Um...I wasnt even dreaming or concerned about it at the first place
rolleyes.gif
btw, your tone says alot about siding the 360, please dont make this a PS3 VS 360 debate, we dont need another one and this was not made for such purpose.

fanboys are often the first to accuse others of being fanboys
tongue.gif

... turbografx 4-EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #49 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think sony's getting full of themselves. They're relying too heavily on customer loyalty, which can only take you so far. Although I don't personally need a media jukebox/online play, I understand why it's become a necessity for gaming consoles.The xbox360 is both cheaper and (atm) a better "experience", sony really needs to step up. I'm saying this as a playstation fan.

The reason I will buy PS3 eventually is because of Japanese developer support behind it. The only sony's competitor in Japan right now is Nintendo. 360 is struggling over there.

I believe choosing 360 vs ps3 is all about your favourite games genre you're playing. If you like FPS & racing, 360 is most likely your choice (ps3 got Granturismo though), rpg is sony turf and they got a great selection for other genre as well. Wii, well it played on a different game than ps3 vs 360. I'll buy wii first, ps3 (2 years later) and 360 (4 years later)
tongue.gif
, at least that's my plan.

Dec 10, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #50 of 57
Quote:

"Keep dreaming" that says alot about the tone.

I only list out why I took the PS3 over the 360, it was not done for others to justify my reasons.

Well, if you take his entire post into account:

Quote:

Keep dreaming, it wont be fixed in an update. Unified friends list and messaging requires servers, which Sony has already said they wont provide. Servers=money, instead they left the online up to the game developers.

He doesn't really sound negatively biased.

Dec 10, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #51 of 57
Quote:

Well, if you take his entire post into account:

He doesn't really sound negatively biased.

I never said he was biased. But there is no need for such tone as

"keep dreaming" = "yeah right (add in a
rolleyes.gif
)" you get the point
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe choosing 360 vs ps3 is all about your favourite games genre you're playing. If you like FPS & racing, 360 is most likely your choice (ps3 got Granturismo though), rpg is sony turf and they got a great selection for other genre as well. Wii, well it played on a different game than ps3 vs 360. I'll buy wii first, ps3 (2 years later) and 360 (4 years later)
tongue.gif

That's a given, and it's not what I'm talking about. People expect certain things nowadays, game sites/magazines have already said the xbox360 was easier to setup and more usable out of the box, as was the wii. To consumers, stuff like good online play, media jukeboxing, multitasking, etc. have become standard. Sony's "give em a half-assed product and try to fix it later" deal is getting old. They've made a lot of promises and haven't really fulfilled them yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinokin
I never said he was biased.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinokin to aurora
...btw, your tone says alot about siding [with] the 360...

Also, you said didn't want him turn this into console debate, but some your previous posts can be construed to be of that topic.

Dec 10, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The reason I will buy PS3 eventually is because of Japanese developer support behind it. The only sony's competitor in Japan right now is Nintendo. 360 is struggling over there.

tongue.gif

That's, all the games I see that are worth playing on the 360 are FPS games, which can also be found on the ps3 except for exclusive titles. I almost bought the 360 just because of GoW, but after checking out the RPG section and some fighting games...I decided to just get the PS3 at the moment, and maybe pick up the 360 much later when the price dropped even lower.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Also, you said didn't want him turn this into console debate, but some your previous posts can be construed to be of that topic.

like what? post #28? I've already mentioned there is no need for other people to justify my reasons. But regardless, I've already amde my point. Don't turn this into another 360 vs ps3...there are enough of those out there already, and every argument has already been covered.

Anyway, does anybody know any website that has a database of TV service menu? Can't seem to find the code to get into the Westinghouse service menu and unfortunatley that's where the RGB can be tweaked
frown.gif

EDIT: nvm, found it
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #55 of 57
Quote:

like what? post #28? I've already mentioned there is no need for other people to justify my reasons. But regardless, I've already amde my point. Don't turn this into another 360 vs ps3...there are enough of those out there already, and every argument has already been covered.

Oh I see... you can tiptoe that fine line, but others can't?

Your thread, your rules I guess...

Dec 11, 2006 at 1:29 PM Post #57 of 57
Hey kin0kin (or other PS3 owners), could have a quick look at the power supply and see if it supports 110 AND 230V? Ill be in japan this winter and plan to pick up a PS3, just unsure if i can use it with germanys 230V.
If i cant ill probably just wait till its european release in march
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back