I-River M3U Playlists?
Dec 12, 2002 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

stubby

New Head-Fier
Hi all! Possible silly question here. The IMP-400 arrived the other day but I'm going to let the Mrs. stuff it under the tree til X-mas and I'll play with it then. But in the meantime I can burn off a cd or two and I'm wondering where do I put the playlists? My idea is to have a root folder of say "Peter Gabriel" and then subfolders of each album. Do I put a playlist in each subfolder or in the root or make a folder of just playlists? I think the book sez to place it in the subfolder but I'm not quite sure. I would like to play the songs back in album order. Also, will the player go from folder to folder and keep playing the songs per playlist order or do I have to go back and tell the unit to go to the next folder and push play again? TIA for any and all help
cool.gif

Eric

Dec 13, 2002 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 3
I would put all the playlists in the root or in a playlists folder. Easier to switch between them that way.
You don't need a playlist to play albums in "album order".
Just put the tracks for each album in its separate folder and start each track name with the track number "01 - blah blah".
The unit will go from folder to folder playing the tracks in order.

Dec 20, 2002 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 3
I have an iMP-350 SlimX mp3 player. I generally just put my playlists in the root directory of the disc. I will usually create a playlist for each album with the tracks in album order. I will also always include a playlist that includes all tracks on the disc (in album order). This is just a concatenation of all the album playlists. Then I will often create a favorites, or other specialty playlist. Playlists are relatively small, and since there is nothing preventing a track from appearing in multiple playlists, I generally create lots of them.

I wouldn't burn a lot of discs until you actually have the player available to test out how you like your layout. I started by burning a bunch of different configurations on CDRWs for testing purposes until I found an organization I liked.

-Z

Users who are viewing this thread

Back