I-River 550/Dion DCP-400/Pan. SL-CT800/Sharp DR7
Aug 3, 2003 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

eatmoreplant

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
I am looking to get a portable source. Has anyone been able to try them? Why isn't there a cd player using Sharp's 1-bit amplifier technology for discman? I intend to get one discman and one minidisc player. Let me know what you guys think!
Life is enoyable,
Eatmorepplant

Aug 4, 2003 at 11:11 AM Post #4 of 5
I've bought the CT800 about 2 weeks ago, and so far I think it's pretty good. I'm think the sound is too bad, and since it is a portable and the mp3 format isn't exactly tops, I don't think sound should be the biggest factor in your decision.

In other stuff, I think CT 800 does pretty well. I love the design, and the battery life is pretty long. I've never used it to its full battery capacity, but I think it'd would last good 60+ hours with the external battery pack (I doubt it'd actually last 120 hours like it claims). The remote is easy to use, although the space for song titles is a little small for my liking. Also, most MP3 files play fine. I have about 5 CD's full of mp3 files, and only about 5-6 mp3s have some problems playing (noises like bleep and blop). But then, they were files downloaded from the kazaa, so its not too big of a deal.

But perhaps my favorite thing about the CT 800 is its price -- I was fortunate enough to get it at about $100-$110
biggrin.gif
. I don't know about the other players, but I believe that's about half the price of a iRiver? Heck, with extra $10 I even bought the Philips HP195. to go with it. I think it was pretty good way to spend $120, and right now I'm quite happy with the result
tongue.gif

I hope my input helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back