I register, browse forum, *head explodes* - newb needs help!
Oct 2, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #16 of 25
If you can stretch that budget a hair I'd snag some E4C's from the FS forums. Those were my first IEM's about 2 years ago and after my short time here and the headphones I've heard I would still be very happy owning a pair. They are perfect for your music tastes, very comfortable, very portable and sound just fine without an amp. Another plus is if you buy them on the FS forums and stay here a while
evil_smiley.gif
you could always sell them with little to no loss later if you wanted to upgrade
very_evil_smiley.gif

I've seen them recently for around $120
icon10.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #17 of 25
I second the super.fi 3's, you can get them on clearance at radioshack for 60-70 dollars. Skip the e2c's, the super.fi's are better for the price. You won't have any problems with hats unless you do now with the apple Buds.
headphones like those mentioned above are a better value, but you can't beat stuffing some iems in your pocket when youre on the go.

Oct 3, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoelessone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...those "circumaural" phones...

See? If you stick around longer, you learn something new everyday...
very_evil_smiley.gif

However, I strongly suggest you run far, far away from Head-Fi while u still can. If you decide to stay, in a couple of months(or weeks!) you're gonna be thinking... Hmmmm... I wonder how a $300 dollar headphone sounds? Then you're gonna post a thread and end up getting suggestions for $400 headphones. In the end you'll just buy a pair $500 headphones...
blink.gif

Run. Run now! Your wallet is begging you to do so! LOL

Oh, well, if you decide to stay, then, as they say around here, "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about the wallet!"

Cheers and enjoy your new RP21!

Oct 3, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #19 of 25
In my opinion the RP21 is superior to the HD280 in terms of sound quality and comfort. They both do fine without an amp.

The other contender that has now dipped in price to equal your budget is the HD25-I. I haven't heard them so I can't recommend them directly and don't know how they do without an amp but I know that many prefer them by a wide margin to the 21s and 280s for comfort, isolation and sound quality. They are definitely worth investigating further.

Oct 3, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ranz_blacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hd25's are not available at 100$ !!! cmonn..

I was just going by this 13-page thread cryptically titled " NEW Sennheiser HD25-1 II for CHEAP! (~$100 shipped)."
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #25 of 25
I'm gonna recommend the Altec Lansing IM716 for $50 from buy.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back