I reccomend this Rock album I liked for years wholeheartedly.
Jan 29, 2004 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

marios_mar

Headphoneus Supremus
So you got 15 dollars to spend you like rock and you want an album that truly stands out and doenst have a few good songs and the rest mediocre but its masterpiece in all regards and you want to listen to it many many times each and EVERY song without skipping tracks. Well sure there is Led Zeppelin 4 and Machine Head but youve probably listened to those a million times.

So from the decade of good rock i encourage you to go and buy this album

THIN LIZZY BLACK ROSE

Excellent rock tracks with Gary Moore playing guitar, great lyrics , amazing and catchy riffs and even a bit of traditional irish elements in the last epic song

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...191606-9716668

This albums is at least EXCELLENT. Please I want feedback from people buying and listening to it. You are going to be thanking me.

Jan 30, 2004 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 7
Greetings mm! I have ALL of Thin Lizzy's cd's and I agree that "Black Rose is excellent, but I also think that "Bad Reputation" and "Jailbreak" are just as phenomenal with "Johnny The Fox" and "Fighting" not far behind. So, if you like BR, then you should definitely check out the cd's that I just mentioned. IMHO, Thin Lizzy was extremely underrated and never given their just due. They were definitely one of the blueprints for that style of music. The list of bands that they have influenced is quite impressive: Def Leppard; Judas Priest; Metallica; The Cult; Blue Oyster Cult; Guns 'N' Roses; Iron Maiden; Queensryche; UFO; and Saxon just to name a few...

Regards

P.S. - I almost forgot! "Live And Dangerous" is one of the best live hard rock albums of all time!

Jan 30, 2004 at 10:46 AM Post #5 of 7
I've not heard that one yet Marios.

I do agree that Thin Lizzy are much better group than they get recognition for. I have the US release of JAILBREAK on Vinyl and it's a fantastic album.

Funnily enough I got into Thin Lizzy when tthe secretary at my office loaned me some LPs of them about 12 years ago. To look at this young lady (she was around 23) you would think she had led a sheltered life as she was extremely shy and plain looking but pretty. Well, it turned out that after hours she was a biker and complete metal head. I once saw her out on the town and she was completely out of control.
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2004 at 5:38 PM Post #7 of 7
Oh yes.... gotta dig those rock chicks
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back