I really need your help before pulling the trigger on the Klipsch Custom 3
Jan 1, 2009 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

yakuzaph

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am thinking about buying the Klipsch Custom 3 after reading all the reviews here on head-fi. I bought the Shure SCL4 for $80 but I think I am going to cancel that order to get the Klipsch due to the anxious waiting. I also heard that the SCL4 are not exceptional 'phones.
So I've looked around and found a deal on Amazon for the Custom 3 at $160 shipped. My concern is whether these are legitimate and how the warranty works for these. I've read the Klipch's Unauthorized Dealer Warning. It looks like they won't honor the warranty if I buy these from an unauthorized dealer. Amazon.com is indeed their authorized dealer, but these are being sold by a merchant via Amazon instead of Amazon itself. As you may know, IEM's can break at anytime. So, can anyone give me some insights regarding this matter? Should I be worrying about the warranty and the authenticity of these headphones? It would be awesome if a Klipsch representative can answer my questions.

If any head-fier intend to sell his or her Custom 3, I will gladly take over.

Also, I am very open to suggestions at this price range (~160). I listen to mainly Metal, especially Progressive, Death, Power Metal. I will need the clarity to truly appreciate the intricacy of Progressive music and bass to appreciate the exceptional drums of prog bands like Dream Theater, Opeth, Tool, ...

Any input is highly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.
atsmile.gif

May 8, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 7
I have the Koss KDE/250, it also has 2 speakers, though they are dynamic, providing more 'fullness' and superior bass to the balanced armatures I have heard (UE's HF5's). How satisfied are you with the Custom 3 cabling job and bass? I am considering purchasing these myself, but need something that retains the warmth and fullness of my music.

May 10, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #4 of 7
You can try Buyhappier.com . This site was listed on Klipsch web-site - their prices are ok.
Klipsch C3 has awful cables, but they last more then a year if you treat them right. I have no kinks on them, though i just throw them in my bag without extra care. Sound of C3 is very weird - they don't do great job with warm sources, IMHO, not very good in the mids & not so detailed as Ety 4p. But they are very nice using directly from Ipod or Fuse. Though they sound awful out of my Kenwood HD20GA7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back