I REALLY love my Philips DVD 963SA but...
Mar 17, 2003 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Cherokee Mist

100+ Head-Fier
I would REALLY like to hear one of these too...

hxxp://www.audiosonix.net/d680.htm

Has anyone had the priviledge of hearing one of these? The only places that currently have audition sites are:

Anchorage, Alaska

Key Largo, Florida

Austin, Texas

One would think that there would be more places check it out...

regards

Mar 17, 2003 at 2:06 AM Post #2 of 13
I saw this at CES back in January.I didn't get to hear it but I think it costs around $10,000.00 It looked impressive but was not installed in any system so auditions were impossible.

Mar 17, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 13
I guess you can e-mail them to set up an audition in your house. Unfortunately I don't have ANY equipment that would be worthy of connecting to this player. I read in one of the reviews that this player requires two AC cords: one for the analog stage and one for the digital. That's the first time I have heard of that before.

regards

Mar 17, 2003 at 2:28 AM Post #4 of 13
That thing is an incredible beast. For 10 large she better sing like an angel too. I'll take a 963sa instead and wave 9,600 dollars at a night of hookers, booze, drugs and more hookers.
cool.gif

Mar 17, 2003 at 3:28 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by stallion11msu
That thing is an incredible beast. For 10 large she better sing like an angel too. I'll take a 963sa instead and wave 9,600 dollars at a night of hookers, booze, drugs and more hookers.
cool.gif

I'm really not "in the know," but how many hookers would you have to get for $9,600.
eek.gif

Mar 17, 2003 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 13
I suppose it would depend on the hooker. I bet some sort of Heidi Fleiss type outfit could charge into the thousands per night! Now some dirty whore on the streets of Detroit would prolly be much less. Now the question becomes do you go with one amazing hooker or a harem of lesser hookers?
confused.gif
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2003 at 4:17 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by stallion11msu
I suppose it would depend on the hooker. I bet some sort of Heidi Fleiss type outfit could charge into the thousands per night! Now some dirty whore on the streets of Detroit would prolly be much less. Now the question becomes do you go with one amazing hooker or a harem of lesser hookers?
confused.gif
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Since you guys have already hijacked this thread............

For $9600 I would go a few rounds with some really high-priced hookers.Even if they charged $500 an hour each you get some big fun for about $2000 and do it each weekend for a month....with different girls.

as you can probably tell I'm really,really bored now.

Mar 17, 2003 at 4:21 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Tuberoller said...

For $9600 I would go a few rounds with some really high-priced hookers.
as you can probably tell I'm really,really bored now.

Sounds like you're bored stiff!

Mar 17, 2003 at 10:12 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
Sounds like you're bored stiff!

ahahahahahaha
rolleyes.gif

I know I guy that always makes puns like that... me and my friends call him the "pun-isher".

Mar 18, 2003 at 3:28 AM Post #11 of 13
Dam it...(goes back to playing the lottery)...

Mar 18, 2003 at 3:32 AM Post #12 of 13
For $10K it better give you a massage with a happy ending every time you put in a CD.

Mar 18, 2003 at 7:08 AM Post #13 of 13
The retail price of the US version of the Lindemann-audiotechnik D-680 SACD player is $8,999. AudioSonix is the only place of purchase in the US where your player will come with the manufacturer's two-year warranty intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back